The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion


54 views
peeta vs gale

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble personally I think peeta is by far the better guy.(he sacrificed himself for katniss) peeta has all the right values and is so unbelievably kind.(if someone loved me as much as peeta loves katniss I would hold on to him tight and never let go.

Gale on the other hand is a great guy in the first book(not as great as peeta of course)but turns into a vicious monster towards the end.

note: this is just something I have been wanting to say it isn't actually part of the discussion, I hate katniss everdeen, peeta is so nice to her and she breaks his heart. she's only nice sometimes and apart from that is a horrible person. if she was real and i met her I'd punch her in the face.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles i don't like either of them. and i hate the fact the whole story revolves around them.


Poppy I prefer Peeta, he's selfless whilst Gale is selfish.


message 4: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble good point Nya but there wouldn't really be a story without them

peeta is silfless especially when he wants to die because he knows he's been hijacked but I don't think gale is selfish, he was always going to help katniss' family should she not return from the games


Annabel ♥ NEITHER. I hated that Peeta ended up with Katniss, because I felt like it should have ended with Katniss adn Gale, and I hated Gale for sort of/kind of killing Prim and being annoying to me through the 3 books. He was also spiteful towards Peeta. It seemed like there was too much emphasis on them. I hate that kind of thing--when the author has a good story and makes it turn into a "Which boy?" story.


Yazi half way through I liked Peeta and the other half Gale. But when gale left for district 2 I really hated him.


Kellie I never really liked Gale, Peeta was always better!!!


message 8: by Pebble (last edited Feb 18, 2012 01:24PM) (new) - added it

Pebble Anne you have a good point, suzzanne did put a lot of emphasis on them which in a way made it less realistic but then again it's the love triangle that really adds to the awesomness of the story.

think about it, what was the most suspensful parts of the story,74th hunger games, the 2nd interview, the reaping for both games, the second games and then there was one you probably didn't even realise, which boy would she chose.


message 9: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble yazi, that is sooooooo true, suzzanne collins has a way of making one seem like the obvious choice then the other will do something and you have to re-think it all over again.


message 10: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble kellie, that is soooooo true, peeta is awesome!

I wish someone loved me as much as peeta loved katniss.


message 11: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Peeta was my favorite from the beginning :) And Katniss got what was coming to her when Peeta went crazy towards the end.


message 12: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble so true katniss was a horrible person, she was so mean to peeta, in some ways I wish boggs wasn't there and peeta killed her then and there.


Joseph i'll go with Peeta. :))


message 14: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble I <3 peeta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now my hand hurts


message 15: by Marie (last edited Feb 19, 2012 01:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marie At first I liked Gale & Katniss together. They enjoyed the same things, worked well together & just seemed to fit. Gale was supportive and took care of her family while she was away. Peeta always seemed to sweet for Katniss. She was so hardened. Peeta & Gales roles seemed to swap as the series progressed. Peeta became Katniss' support and Gale just seemed to turn into a jerk. However, I still did not feel Katniss deserved to have Peeta because she was not "in love" with him. She did learn to love Peeta, even though in the end she chose Peeta because he was best for her and her family. She ended up with Peeta in the end & I honestly believe it was because she knew he would be the best man for her mom & her just like she told Gale she would earlier in the Capitol.


Ashlie I honestly could not stand Gale or Katniss. They both had horrible personalities in my opinion, and I feel bad for Peeta having to be with such a horrible person. Instead he shoulda ended up with me ;D lol jk but seriously, Peeta was the only one I liked, and if it wouldn't kill him to have Katniss die I would have preferred it ending with her dying, and Peeta living happily without her


Annabel ♥ Pebble wrote: "Anne you have a good point, suzzanne did put a lot of emphasis on them which in a way made it less realistic but then again it's the love triangle that really adds to the awesomness of the story.
..."


Your right in a way. Actually that made me change my opinion slightly. thanks:)


message 18: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia Uhm, Peeta?!


Hannah PEETA!TEAM PEETA!TEAM PEETA! i mean how can you not just love the boy with the bread?


Hannah hehe


Brenna When I first started reading I loved Gale, but now I'm Team Peeta :)


message 22: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble marie i agree with you katniss didn't deserve peeta


message 23: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble anne-cool


message 24: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble julia, how could you say uhm peeta- he's so awesome


Ashlie I just want to add that I really hate how many times Peeta is referred to as "the boy with the bread" in that book. I got it the first time it was said, so it just really annoys me that it is said so many freaking times lol


message 26: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash GALE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


message 27: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble kayla- why?

everyone knows peetas awesome


Ashlie Pebble wrote: "kayla- why?

everyone knows peetas awesome"


agreed


message 29: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash because Gale is soo sweet and he NEVER meant for the bombs to be used on Prim. I hate how in the end, Susanne just let Katniss forget about Gale like he wasn't her only friend their WHOLE CHILDHOOD. Peeta kinda just barged in and told about his undying love for her and somehow she just automatically falls for him. If he never said that, I think she would of never fell for him, and she would end up with Gale


message 30: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Another reason: Gale was the first to volunteer to save Peeta from the Capitol. It shows that he loves her soooo much that he would sacrifice himself for her to be happy.
GALE IS THE BETTER ONE!!!!!!


message 31: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble kayla- good point but I must disagree when you say, if peeta never said that she wouldv'e ended up with gale because if peeta never said that they would probably both be dead.


message 32: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash True, they might of ended up dead because of the Capitol...but it might have worked out. Since he told about his love in the interview before the Games, in the middle of the Games they said you can pair up with your own district. If none of that had happened, there is a large chance she could have just waited till everyone killed each other besides one, and she would just battle him/her and there is about a 50/50 chance depending on how badly beat-up each of them are.


message 33: by Ashlie (last edited Feb 20, 2012 12:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashlie Kayla wrote: "because Gale is soo sweet and he NEVER meant for the bombs to be used on Prim. I hate how in the end, Susanne just let Katniss forget about Gale like he wasn't her only friend their WHOLE CHILDHOOD..."

Lol when I read the word bombs I totally read it wrong and thought it said something bad lol stupid random dyslexia moments. But you have a point, but I still like Peeta and hate Katniss and Gale. I think part of it though is that I am being biased cuz I heard Josh Hutcherson was gonna play Peeta in the movie before I read the books and he is one of my fav actors.


Jessica Ashlie wrote: "I honestly could not stand Gale or Katniss. They both had horrible personalities in my opinion, and I feel bad for Peeta having to be with such a horrible person. Instead he shoulda ended up with m..."

Could not agree more!


Bethany I personally like Gale better, but only in books 1,2, and first half of three!! I also like Peeta, but I really only like Gale, because I feel like Peeta deserves someone better than Katniss, and Katniss and Gale are really similiar, and they also have a lot of history together.


message 36: by Pebble (new) - added it

Pebble Bethany-good point katniss doesn't deserve peeta but the thing is no one does and no one ever will (except me maybe :)


Ashlie Pebble wrote: "Bethany-good point katniss doesn't deserve peeta but the thing is no one does and no one ever will (except me maybe :)"

*growls* back away slowly. He is all mine.


Beth ~Mrs.SheldonCooper~ I love Peeta. He cares a lot about Katniss and others feelings.


back to top