The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SPRING CHALLENGE 2012: FIRE > 5.7 - I Love Paris in the Spring Time

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17500 comments Mod
5.7 I Love Paris in the Spring Time I love Paris in the fall.... Read a book set in France, written by a French author or a book originally written in French. Ex: The Paris Wife, Revolution, Around the World in Eighty Days, The Last Brother
These resources may help Best French Literature, Books About Paris, France in Contemporary Fiction, French Authors, Francophone Literature As with all GR lists, not all books that appear may work for this task.

message 2: by Dlmrose (last edited Feb 18, 2012 08:16AM) (new)

These work
Set in France:
Anna and the French Kiss
Marie Antoinette: The Journey

Francophone Lit:
author Muriel Barbery

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

reserved

message 4: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments Would Muriel Barbery qualify as a French Author? Her profile says she was born in Morocco but she's a French author.

Thanks

message 5: by Dlmrose (new)

Kathy G. wrote: "Would Muriel Barbery qualify as a French Author? Her profile says she was born in Morocco but she's a French author.

Thanks"

She writes in French- it fits "a book originally written in French"

message 6: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments Thanks

message 7: by Cindie (new)

Cindie | 1722 comments how about Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette The Journey by Antonia Fraser

message 8: by Dlmrose (new)

Cindie wrote: "how about Marie AntoinetteMarie Antoinette The Journey by Antonia Fraser"

set in France works

message 9: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 1332 comments Anna and the French Kiss, Pretty sure this one will work but just making sure.

message 10: by Dlmrose (new)

JennRenee wrote: "Anna and the French Kiss, Pretty sure this one will work but just making sure."

sure

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (sureshot26) | 771 comments Could I use Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting for this? I think it probably qualifies under "set in France" but wanted to check.

message 12: by Dlmrose (new)

Jessica wrote: "Could I use Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting for this? I think it probably qualifies under "set in France" but wanted to check."

It seems it works from the description

message 13: by Claire (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 1091 comments http://www.bookssetin.com/ Website which will help x