What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to chat > Website with book covers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments I just found another good resource. It's a website with cover images from all sorts of books. There are cover images of comic books too.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/

I might be up all night looking at this.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks. Wonder if we can use their covers for Goodreads' coverless books?!

message 3: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments It would be great if we could. I hate coverless books. So much of my memory (especially with books of my childhood and adolescence) is connected to covers.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) At the bottom of the page it says 'fair use' - and they're not a bookseller, so I'd say yes, use them.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "At the bottom of the page it says 'fair use' - and they're not a bookseller, so I'd say yes, use them."

Great news! Thanks, Cheryl.

message 6: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments What is the process of getting those cover images from the CoverBrowser site to GoodReads?

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Needleroozer wrote: "What is the process of getting those cover images from the CoverBrowser site to GoodReads?"

Download them to your desktop and upload them to the book on the edit book page.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Make sure the covers are correct for the edition of the book!!!

message 9: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments Thanks Lisa. I'll give it a try at some point.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/c... is another site - the person who discovered it contacted the owner and the owner said 'sure, use them' - for more info, and more sources, visit "sourcing book covers" in the Feedback Group.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Cheryl, Is this site already in that list at the Feedback group? If not, we should have it added.

message 12: by The Elusive (new)

The Elusive (fridelain) | 65 comments Lisa wrote: "Cheryl, Is this site already in that list at the Feedback group? If not, we should have it added."

Yes it is.