The Infernal Devices discussion

The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3)
This topic is about The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set
Which series is funnier??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 192 (192 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Alexa (new)

Alexa which series is fuunnier tid or tmi??

message 2: by Amiamo (new)

Amiamo | 49 comments definitely TMI because of Magnus Bane and Jace. I know that Magnus is in TDI too but he is not that funny in those series, thats just the way I feel about it.

message 3: by Jessica (last edited Feb 18, 2012 12:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica | 106 comments Yeah, I agree. There both really funny, but I have to say that I think TMI has more funny things in it. TDI is a little more serious. Not that TMI isn't it just seems that TDI has a lot more serious stuff happen. But Will makes up for it with his funny comments. But it's mostly just Will by himself, whereas the TMI has Jace, Simon, Magnus, Clary, Isabel, etc, etc, who all contribute to the funny parts. Mostly Jace but the others have some pretty funny moments. Like Simon's cuz I'm a bada** and I recognize that you too are a bada**... moment, that just made me laugh.

message 4: by AJ (new)

AJ | 4 comments Jace, Jace, always Jace... and Magnus... and Simon... and even Jordan.

I love Jace, Simon and Jordan together. There are some classic lines in their conversation!

Palak (Dust and Shadows) (umbrasumus) | 455 comments Even though i like TDI better than TMI.... I have to say that TMI is funnier. Jace just makes it funny!!! and of course Magnus with his sparkles and Simon with his sarcastic comments. in TDI Henry and Will are really only the funny ones, and Henry just does it by accident....

Jessica | 106 comments Haha you gotta love Henry!!

message 7: by Alexa (new)

Alexa ha yeah i love the eggs part"was it eggs?" when will said he saw something intresting

Palak (Dust and Shadows) (umbrasumus) | 455 comments I know!!! that was hilarious!!!

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna (missdonna00) | 12 comments I think TMI is funnier even though I loved TID too! Jace just totally completed the books!

Vixen  | 461 comments Amiamo wrote: "definitely TMI because of Magnus Bane and Jace. I know that Magnus is in TDI too but he is not that funny in those series, thats just the way I feel about it."

yeah plus he so far has a bigger role in tmi, in tid we only really see him when hes interacting with will about the curse and also the camille thing
thats really it

Tjala | 13 comments TMI
Jae makes way better sarcastic remarks although the thing that made me laugh the most was in The Clockwork Angel. the bit about ferets and the opium haze! i laughed way too much when i read that!!

message 12: by Elena (last edited Mar 28, 2012 10:22AM) (new)

Elena (summerday) | 63 comments TMI.
Will is.. hard. It takes a lot of energy reading TID, though it's my favorire trilogy for that very reason. Of course Will and Jem, and mostly Henry, made me laugh my ass off, but after reading each book I felt somehow.. drained. Positively drained. (:

Jace is a pain in the ass, to put it mildly, but all in all his series is "lighter."

Palak (Dust and Shadows) (umbrasumus) | 455 comments Elena!!! We haven't heard from you for a while!!!

message 14: by Elena (new)

Elena (summerday) | 63 comments Yeah hey y'all ;D Miss me much? <3

message 15: by Alex (new)

Alex | 3 comments Am I the only one who thinks TID? Will was one of the funniest characters I've seen in a while. Jace had his moments, but the rest of the time I found him rather... boring.

Palak (Dust and Shadows) (umbrasumus) | 455 comments YOU ARE NOT ALONE ALEX!
While i found TMI to be hilarious at some parts where Magnus, Jace, and Simon would interact, TDI was hilarious because Will was funny for all of the characters. And Magnus + Will = FUNNY. (especially with the kiss) ;D

message 17: by Elena (new)

Elena (summerday) | 63 comments “Did you just kiss me?" Will inquired.
Magnus made a slip-second decision. "No."
"I thought-"
"On occasion the aftereffects of the painkilling spells can result in hallucinations of the most bizarre sort."
"Oh," Will said. "How peculiar.”

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

message 18: by Belle2908 (new)

Belle2908 | 81 comments Elena wrote: "“Did you just kiss me?" Will inquired.
"I thought-"
"On occasion the aftereffects of the painkilling spells can result in hallucinations of the most biz..."

I agree wholeheartedly. ;) Totally love Will's reaction and magnus' explanation!!! >w<

message 19: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey | 37 comments I find both TMI and TID to both be hilarious. In TMI you have Magnus Bane, Jace, Simon, and Jordan, and then in TID you have Will who always has something "interesting" to say.

Palak (Dust and Shadows) (umbrasumus) | 455 comments LOL. "interesting". Totally.

NEVER TRUST A DUCK!

message 21: by Alexa (new)

Alexa both books are funny especially when will sang his demon pox song

Palak (Dust and Shadows) (umbrasumus) | 455 comments Alexa wrote: "both books are funny especially when will sang his demon pox song"

I have that memorized!!! XD

message 23: by Alexa (new)

Alexa Alexa wrote: "lol my favorite part of it is this
demon pox oh demon pox
i had it all along
no not the pox, you foolish blocks
i mean this very song
for i was right and you were wrong!
i love it!!!!"

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan MI is a lot funnier, but I prefer TID. It just because of Jace and Simon always arguing:)

message 25: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne (CheyenneYumi) | 15 comments Elena wrote: "“Did you just kiss me?" Will inquired.
"I thought-"
"On occasion the aftereffects of the painkilling spells can result in hallucinations of the most biz..."

LOL what kind of hallucinations involves being kissed by a warlock? XD

message 26: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne (CheyenneYumi) | 15 comments Palak (Dust and Shadows) wrote: "LOL. "interesting". Totally.

NEVER TRUST A DUCK!"

I agree completely.

THERE WAS A TIME I THOUGHT I WAS A FERRET, BUT THAT TURNED OUT TO BE THE OPIUM HAZE.

I WAS ROFL ON THIS PART! XD

message 27: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne (CheyenneYumi) | 15 comments Alexa wrote: "both books are funny especially when will sang his demon pox song"

Love that part! :)

message 28: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey | 37 comments Palak (Dust and Shadows) wrote: "Alexa wrote: "both books are funny especially when will sang his demon pox song"

I have that memorized!!! XD"

I have too! :D

message 29: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey | 37 comments Tessa wrote: "MI is definitely funnier, but there's been double the amount of books than in ID.
I'm pretty sure most will agree when I say that Will is the funniest character, hands down."

I agree that Will is most certianly the funniest character in TID series. :)

message 30: by cy (new)

cy Amiamo wrote: "definitely TMI because of Magnus Bane and Jace. I know that Magnus is in TDI too but he is not that funny in those series, thats just the way I feel about it."

He changed between TID and TMI, I liked him better in TMI!! And alec and Magus are soooooo cute!!

message 31: by cy (new)

cy Tessa wrote: "MI is definitely funnier, but there's been double the amount of books than in ID.
I'm pretty sure most will agree when I say that Will is the funniest character, hands down."

deinitely :)

message 32: by cy (new)

cy Alec and Magus are sooo cute together, when alec is like my coat used to be black but now it's brown and magnus is like, you could accssesorise it with a blue sequined headband. Just a thought!!

Roselinta | 10 comments For me it has to be TMI because it's less serious and Jace, Mangus and, sometimes, Simon comes up with the funniest lines and I'm in stitches for the next couple of hours.

But TID is also funny. Especially when Will says:

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't."

message 34: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne (CheyenneYumi) | 15 comments Roselinta wrote: "For me it has to be TMI because it's less serious and Jace, Mangus and, sometimes, Simon comes up with the funniest lines and I'm in stitches for the next couple of hours.

But TID is also funny. ..."

oMG, I love that part, that was FUNNY! A ferret, really Will? = w =

message 35: by cy (new)

cy Tessa wrote: "Cy wrote: "Alec and Magus are sooo cute together, when alec is like my coat used to be black but now it's brown and magnus is like, you could accssesorise it with a blue sequined headband. Just a t..."

I had a goofy smile on, they belong! together!!

message 36: by Belle2908 (new)

Belle2908 | 81 comments Here are 2 shorts stories about Alec and Magnus, for those who are interested:

Kissed:
http://tmisource.com/the-books/the-mo...

Postcards:
http://tmisource.com/2011/05/05/cassa...

message 37: by cy (new)

cy daww sooo cute!

message 38: by esthermarie (new)

esthermarie | 17 comments Cheyenne wrote: "Palak (Dust and Shadows) wrote: "LOL. "interesting". Totally.

NEVER TRUST A DUCK!"

I agree completely.

THERE WAS A TIME I THOUGHT I WAS A FERRET, BUT THAT TURNED OUT TO BE THE OPIUM HAZE.

I WA..."

Oh my goodness, that ferret part made me completely die laughing! Me and my other obsessed friends are always reciting it to each other!
The demon pox song is also hilarious!
(I have that memorized too :D)

message 39: by Breeze (new)

Breeze (hurricanebreeze) | 241 comments Ahhhhh... I gotta say TMI is just THAT much funnier than the other too. *holds up hands in defeat* Not that I don't think that TDI is absolutely HILARIOUS too, but... Simon (I know everyone's all Jace all the time, but... Simon's funny too people, in my opinion he's one of the funniest characters in the book!) has had some GREAT quotes... And Jace and Magnus and all the others too of course. :P

message 40: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 177 comments Oh...I really don't know... I mean, Will is HILARIOUS, and jace's sarcasm really gets me as well...what can I say> I'm always indecisive.

message 41: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 177 comments Tessa wrote: "Abigail wrote: "Oh...I really don't know... I mean, Will is HILARIOUS, and jace's sarcasm really gets me as well...what can I say> I'm always indecisive."

Yes, you are. (:

I think the funniest c..."

Mangoes... lol. funny how cassie always thinks of these random lines (in both series...I mean ferrets and ducks??? I love you, Will). they always get us rolling around laughing

message 42: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 177 comments Tessa wrote: "Cassie is a GOD. Gosh, She's hilarious. (:"

ikr....SHE MUST KNOW MAGIC!!

message 43: by cy (new)

cy definitley, she's a witch!!

message 44: by Monika (new)

Monika (lovelyrose) | 2 comments can somebody please tell me when magnus spoke with tessa in TMI ? and if it's in the epilogue of COG then how do you know it's tessa as her name was never mentioned. and if she looked familiar to clary what does that meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan?

thnx

message 45: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) | 1431 comments Mod
Monika wrote: "can somebody please tell me when magnus spoke with tessa in TMI ? and if it's in the epilogue of COG then how do you know it's tessa as her name was never mentioned. and if she looked familiar to c..."

This is from Cassie's faq page:

Will Tessa ever appear in the Mortal Instruments or Dark Artifices series?

I get this question all the time, I think because a lot of people know that Tessa appears briefly in City of Glass. (She is the girl in white Magnus is talking to at the party in the epilogue.) But unfortunately to answer the question any further would involve too many spoilers!

message 46: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 177 comments Daylighter wrote: "Monika wrote: "can somebody please tell me when magnus spoke with tessa in TMI ? and if it's in the epilogue of COG then how do you know it's tessa as her name was never mentioned. and if she looke..."

Aw... I really wanted to know...

message 47: by juuree (new)

juuree Definitely TMI, hands down. I laughed so much. I don't remember everything, though; I just remember great smiling and all that jazz.

message 48: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 177 comments Julie wrote: "Definitely TMI, hands down. I laughed so much. I don't remember everything, though; I just remember great smiling and all that jazz."

But TID is so funny as well. I like it more. (Team Will)

message 49: by Abigail (last edited May 14, 2012 07:51PM) (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 177 comments Tessa wrote: "Abigail wrote: "Julie wrote: "Definitely TMI, hands down. I laughed so much. I don't remember everything, though; I just remember great smiling and all that jazz."

But TID is so funny as well. I l..."

Well, it sure took me a long time, but I did it.

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 23 comments I have to say TMI even though TID is my favourite out of the two. Simon, Sebastian, Jace, Jordan, and Magnus just make it that way :P

« previous 1 3 4