Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > How do I add my book to this site

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Velinda (new)

Velinda Peyton (velindapeyton) | 4 comments I would like to add my book so I can advertise. I was sent to this link by Goodreads help so I hope this is the right place. They advised a Librarian has to add it. Please advise how to get this done and where to go.

This is ridiculous that it should be so difficult.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

I got as much information as I could (and the cover image) from your website. Please post again if there is additional info to add, or if something should be chnaged.

message 3: by Mary (last edited Feb 17, 2012 04:47PM) (new)

Mary Findley | 71 comments Velinda, in the future, you can add your book yourself. It's not really that difficult. :-) Be glad to help anytime you have a new one! Goodreads is a good place. Enjoy!

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Actually, brand new users are unable to add books manually, as an anti-spam measure.

message 5: by Lobstergirl (last edited Feb 17, 2012 04:53PM) (new)

Lobstergirl Maybe we should make that a feature for adding groups, too.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary Findley | 71 comments Thank you, Rivka. I haven't been on here terribly long, but I do enjoy poking around and figuring things out. I do know that, for Velinda's information, I get interest and followers by finding groups and having conversations, not just advertising. :-)

message 7: by Velinda (new)

Velinda Peyton (velindapeyton) | 4 comments Wow, thank you for the help. I'm impressed with the responses so soon.

Now....one more thing. I would like to advertise without and ISBN number...which they told me I could at goodreads help, however, when I try...the ISBN is there looking at me.

Can I advertise without the ISBN....if so, how.

Thanks Again....

message 8: by Velinda (new)

Velinda Peyton (velindapeyton) | 4 comments Mary wrote: "Velinda, in the future, you can add your book yourself. It's not really that difficult. :-) Be glad to help anytime you have a new one! Goodreads is a good place. Enjoy!"

Can I advertise without an ISBN??? HOW

Thank you for respondint

message 9: by Velinda (new)

Velinda Peyton (velindapeyton) | 4 comments rivka wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

I got as much information as I could (and the cover image) from your website. Please post again if there ..."

Thank you Rivka for adding me. Now can I advertise without an ISBN??? HOW Thanks again

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments You need to email GR support via the Help link (there is a contact us link on that page). They will provide a number that allows you add a giveaway with no isbn

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 5 comments I can't find the place to add books and I've been on GR for over a year but I haven't been on a lot in a while. Where do I go?

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23803 comments Either you can add them or post the details of the books in the Adding New Books folder, in this group.

To add them yourself:
Across the top of every page there is a banner, in the search box, simply type in the name of the book or the author name or the ISBN or ASIN of the book. ISBN or ASIN is preferred when actually wanting to add a book.

If the book shows up, check the details of all the existing editions and if it is the same as yours, then the book is already in the database. If its different, then on the book page there is another link "add another edition" and fill in the blanks.

If it doesn't show up there is a link "Manually add a book" and fill in the blanks.

Care needs to be taken especially with the author name as that is how we link books together.

Good luck.