UEL PGCE group 2011-2012 discussion

Adventure and Mystery Stories

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria | 8 comments Hi Everyone, I'm currently planning a block of literacy for Adventure and Mystery. We are starting the topic after half term so I want a range of stories to show the children, so we can explore characters/settings/plots etc .. If anyone has read any books or short stories that might work well here it would be great to add some more to my list!
thank you, any help would be much appreciated :)

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison (fantasticreads) | 1070 comments Mod
What year group, Maria? Lauren St John's Dead Man's Cove is probably fine for confident Y4+. Malorie Blackman's Hacker and ANTIDOTE Y5+. I'll add more as I think!

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria | 8 comments oh sorry I meant to say it's for year 3! thank you!

message 4: by Ro (new)

Ro (roswe) | 11 comments Secret agent jack stalwart- elizabeth hunt, The biggles series by W. E John. Cliffhanger and Buried alive by Jacqueline wilson ... Geronimo stilton series by Thea stilton and Tin Tin comics I loved these and the tv programme, plus the movie was out recently. If I think of any more will let you know

message 5: by Ro (new)

Ro (roswe) | 11 comments Oh R. A Montgomery has a series called choose your own adventure. Where you read and choose where you want to go next in the story quite exciting because your choice leads you to a different path.. exciting for reluctant readers and good because you can read to the children then have a vote for the chooses to what page to go to next. 8+

message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison (fantasticreads) | 1070 comments Mod
Utterly Me Clarice Bean might be a good idea. Also The Great Escape and Scribbleboy. There's a new Roman Mysteries book for younger readers The Sewer Demon which could be good. Let me know how you get on!