The Sword and Laser discussion

BioShock: Rapture
This topic is about BioShock
Has anyone read that BioShock: Rapture novel?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Keith (keithatc) I don't generally read tie-ins or cross-overs to video games or movies, but BioShock: Rapture has me interested because 1) I thought the game, while somewhat standard in terms of playing, was packed with fantastic ideals and philosophical questions, but more importantly 2) John Shirley wrote it, and he's one my old favorites and a founding member of the cyberpunk movement. I'm sure I'll end up giving the book a go regardless, but I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else gave it a try, and if so, what they thought.

Danielle (daniellefreeman) im reading this book now, and wow what an unexpected hit! This is an epic fantasy that uses the building blocks of the game but takes those blocks and creates a whole new world. The book is divided into parts, my only issue isPart one 'the first age of rapture" is a slow bogged down read. If you are already familiar with this author's writing style you might be ok with this. Since this is my 1st experience with him, i probably would have preferred a light skim of the first 100-130 pages. I almost gave up on it!!! im so glad i didn't. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for sci-fi and fantasy fans it is amazing

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

BioShock: Rapture (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Shirley (other topics)