Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Castlereagh Line
This topic is about The Castlereagh Line
Book Issues > Other Edition

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angela Long (Carter) (angelallong) | 4 comments I added an edition of The Castlereagh Line by Ross Napier. Used Add Edition but it's coming up as a seperate book? The ISBN is 0959022708 and it is a second impression from 1987 of the original from 1984 that already appeared in the listing with a different ISBN. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it?

message 2: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 2799 comments You did nothing wrong, when you click on "add another edition" title and author are automatically entered, but you still have to combine the new one with the others manually.

Angela Long (Carter) (angelallong) | 4 comments Great thanks I see you've fixed it. If I need to in the future I'll make sure I do the combine.

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments You didn't do anything wrong about the combining -- you always need to get a librarian to combine the new edition after you create it.

However, it doesn't look like this should be considered a separate edition as we track them on GoodReads, since it has the same ISBN as the first printing. (The first printing didn't have the ISBN-10 listed, but it had the corresponding ISBN-13. I've shifted the ISBN-10 from the edition you created to the original edition.)

I can add a note to the 1987 book if it's really important to you that that date be noted -- we usually do this for second printings with alternate covers and the same ISBN, but it looks like the two covers here are identical. Do you want to keep the 1987 version, or should I merge it completely into the 1984 edition?

Angela Long (Carter) (angelallong) | 4 comments The book probably isn't popular enough to have them seperate unless they really should be. I only added it as the ISBN's were different and it wasn't printed in 1984 - housekeeping really as I added the second book Castlereagh Way that wasn't in the system and noticed the ISBN difference.

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Ange wrote: "The book probably isn't popular enough to have them seperate unless they really should be. I only added it as the ISBN's were different and it wasn't printed in 1984 - housekeeping really as I add..."

Okay, I've merged them back together. No worries! And now we have the ISBN-10 where it should be.

Angela Long (Carter) (angelallong) | 4 comments thanks all is good