Books2Movies Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Threads > March 2012 Releases

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (last edited Feb 22, 2012 08:42AM) (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2875 comments Mod
Here I will post a poll in two days for the Spotlighted books we might read in March, when their movie adaptations will strike the cinemas all around the world. Below I offer the choices, with the related movies in brackets. They are sorted by the planned date of release, and without any prejudices - those are nominations only - in the poll you may pick any book you would like to discuss with the movie.
1. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss by Dr. Seuss (Dr. Seuss' The Lorax - March 2nd)
2. Another Bullshit Night in Suck City by Nick Flynn by Nick Flynn (Being Flynn - March 2nd)
3. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday by Paul Torday (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - March 9th)
4. A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs by Edgar Rice Burroughs (John Carter - March 9th)
5. The Hunger Games Movie Tie-in Edition by Suzanne Collins by Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games - March 23rd)

I ignored Mirror Mirror that comes out at the end of March, because I believe we are all already enough familiarized with the Grimm's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves :-) But the movie would be anyway interesting to discuss in another topic. Also, I believe The Deep Blue Sea by Terence Rattigan would be very interesting to read and see, but I'm not sure how wide would be the release, and is the play so easily obtainable.
Wrath of the Titans is ignored on purpose, as it is just an entertainment movie, where the names of heroes are the only valid connection with the original Greek myths.
Did I miss any other movies? Please, post here if you are aware of them.

message 2: by Zeljka (last edited Feb 25, 2012 04:43AM) (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2875 comments Mod
A change of mind - NO POLLS for Spotlighted Reads. If somebody wants to discuss a movie related to the book, he/she can post a new topic under the thread Spotlighted Reads - but please name it this way:
"Year/Month-Name of the movie/book"
so it would be easier to check if the topic is already open, so not to repeat it.

I think this is better idea, because, somebody may wish to read for an example The Hunger Games, the others may have already read the book, somebody else might wish only to watch the movie, while on the other hand the others might want to watch John Carter! So... I think this is better idea. Any other suggestions would be welcome too :-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.