Hunger Games discussion

Catching Fire > Quarter Quell Ideas

Comments Showing 1-50 of 387 (387 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
Katniss says the box for the quarter quell cards has hundreds of cards. So what else could be on those cards? Remember, the three already done have to do with the tributes, not the arena. Not saying that it can't be the arena though.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I've considered this :)

The tributes could be all girls/boys.

The tributes might have to be crippled.

All tributes must be under 15.

All tributes must be 15 or over.

They could hold an adult Hunger Games.

They could put under-tens in the arena.

They could hold an elderly Hunger Games.

Whoa. Those are pretty good.

Maybe, only one tribute from each? Even though that makes very little sense.

message 4: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
That could work. Good ideas, Snickerdoodle.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Or they could send only victor's relatives in.

Good one.

I am really having trouble thinking of these

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah | 159 comments Snickerdoodle wrote: "Or they could send only victor's relatives in."

Believe it or not, I've thought about that one before. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

This isn't really a quarter quell but this would be a twist on the games:
Make the arena a high school. Only food is in the cafeteria. Only 20 water fountains. One stops working every time someone is killed. But its like a normal school. You have to attend classes and the other students are other tributes. Holographic teachers. And anytime someone gets in trouble or leaves class without permission or doesn't do their homework (whatever it may be ... perhaps find something or do something.) or kills someone during school hours they get in some kinda trouble- I'm not sure what though.

Hehehe that would be so totally awesome

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Leah wrote: "Snickerdoodle wrote: "Or they could send only victor's relatives in."

Believe it or not, I've thought about that one before. :)"

I believe it :)

message 11: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Sam wrote: "This isn't really a quarter quell but this would be a twist on the games:
Make the arena a high school. Only food is in the cafeteria. Only 20 water fountains. One stops working every time someone ..."

That is really creative and cool. That would be an awesome fanfiction to write. We should all write that (or just Sam because it's her idea) and we could send it to Suzanne with our letter.

Our very long, drawn out, angry letter. But that would be a great fanfic

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

It would be cool if like we did a role playing of it then like turned it more as a story thing and then mailed it to her

Thatd be totally awesome

message 15: by Leah (new)

Leah | 159 comments Yes, yes it would.

message 16: by Adena (new)

Adena (dinoxouris) | 205 comments I got one, what if the arena was COMPLETELY underwater? Like, it would be a giant lake with varying depths, (from like 10 feet to 50 feet deep) and the only things that would be out of the water would be their metal standing plates? The Cornucopia would be underwater and weapons and other supplies (including rafts and other flotation devices, water-tight wrapped food, weapons, etc.) would be strewn all over the bottom of the lake. The most important supplies at the deepest points of the arena. (and the Cornucopia)

message 17: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

And they had special air bubbles. Interesting idea Adena.

That would be interesting

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

That would be the most epic arena ever. Seriously.

But for a Quarter Quell...? Maybe that could be the arena FOR a Quell, and the actual Quell could be something reaping-related.

True that. Like the arena was a clock in the 75th, witch was strange, but it was also reaping related

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe a test.

The card could be like: The smartest (or dumbest) children of the districts shall be taken to show them how, during the dark days, the rebel's knowledge failed them.

That's a good one! Nice explanation!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesomeness :)

"In order to show the rebels that all their men will be taken from their women, the tributes for the (insert multiple of 25) Games will all be male."

Nice

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

ooooh! thats cool Snickerdoodle!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

message 29: by Adena (new)

Adena (dinoxouris) | 205 comments To remind the rebels of how they ripped innocent Capitol families apart, the tributes for the ---th Anual Hunger Games will be one set of parents from each district who have at least one child.

(the tributes will be parents)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow. That would be cruel. Creating Orphans...

Yeah. Sheesh

message 32: by Adena (new)

Adena (dinoxouris) | 205 comments Well, isn't that what the Quell's supposed to be? a hundred times worse than the normal reapings?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

True. And that definetly is.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Parents...*shivers* If you thought taking a child from their parents was bad, let a six-year-old watch their mom or dad die on live television...

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Would the six year old rather die herself?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think a six-year-old is capable of thinking that far along.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm ... True that.

message 38: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Yeah, I don't think so.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

You can bring your choice of weapon, 1 weapon per tribute, but it's in the Cornucopia. And the only food is randomly hidden throughout the arena.

message 40: by Tatum (new)

Tatum (tatum_r) actually made a simulation of a Quarter Quell, and the idea I used was that there were no weapons at the Cornucopia, and all of them were hidden around the arena. To add another quest, some of those weapons hidden didn't work!

message 41: by Katie (new)

Katie In honor of the ------ Hunger Games, as a reminder that families were torn apart by the rebels initiating violence, each tribute must be reaped with a sibling.

Good one!

message 43: by [Coco] (new)

[Coco] (mattyhealy) Sam wrote:

The card could be like: The smartest (or dumbest) children of the districts shall be taken to show them how, during the dark days, the rebel's knowledge failed them."

That's a good idea.

I made a new discussion for Mockingjay about a fan-made web series. check it out, guys! =) Really neat series.

And it would say: As a reminder to the rebels that the Capitol remains the strongest power, two parents will be reaped and have to choose what child they want in the Games.

message 44: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
Ouch i think some parents would rather kill themselves

message 45: by Adena (new)

Adena (dinoxouris) | 205 comments true that. wait, they would have to pick one of their own kids? man, that's worse than mine.

message 46: by An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (last edited Mar 15, 2012 05:33PM) (new)

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Here's a super cruel one:
A parent gets reaped along with one of their children...totaling with 24 kids and 24 parents

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Marilyn wrote: "Here's a super cruel one:
A parent gets reaped along with a child...totaling with 24 kids and 24 parents"

I bet alot a parents would kill themselves, or defend their kids, the commit suicide.

Ouch.

In honor of the ______ hunger games, to show the rebels that they cannot escape the Capitol, there will be two hunger games this year!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

ACK!

Best and scariest idea yet.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8