Love Inspired Books discussion

Pets!

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Do you like animals in books? What animals have been the most fun pets in the books you read?

And... because you know we all like to talk about our pets, what kind of pet do you have?

We have a miniature schnauzer named Grant, and he is my faithful companion. If I'm on the computer, he's sleeping right next to me. Like now. :)

Dream

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 44 comments I love when animals are in books, especially dogs. I love when the animals seem to have "personality". Definitely HATE if something happens to the animal.

I have two dogs...one is a Pound-puppy,12yrs old. The other is a Shiba Inu 7 yr old---the most cat like dog I have ever encountered! I also have two grand-dogs (my daughter and her hubby's)!

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy I had a mass amount of birds but after a recent poor decision of getting a 6 month old dalmatian mix, I gave all but 2 of the birds away. So I have an old cockatiel and a goffin cockatoo, an older dog that is lab/border collie mix - KC and a middle age dog, Sasha that is the lap type dog that barks too much. And then good ole Cooper the newest addition since KC seemed to be on her last leg...until Cooper arrived.

message 4: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 5 comments I love animals in stories and always try to write one in my books. I have two cats, Oliver and Onyx. They're my babies. :-)

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I do like cats in books. dogs are ok in books but as I am scared of them I prefer cats. I read a book recently where the hero had a fear of dogs because of an attack when he was young and had to confront the fear in the book. The author showed he was worried and scared but it wasn't shown as it could have been (the book was excellent just the fear factor from someone who has a fear of dogs I felt for him but thought it wasn't played on as much as it could have been, you dont get over it that quick).

I use to have a cat but now I just have dust bunnies that are multiplying as we speak.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy I enjoy Jillian's pets in her books. Every time I read a Granger book I want my own Buttercup cow.

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments I love animals in books. Of course I love them period. Right now I have three cats and two dogs -- all adopted. I also have a fish tank. lol I grew up with ferrets, lizards, birds ... a small zoo.

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 62 comments I love to read about pets in books, especially if they have some personality. I agree with Judy, Jillian Hart does it very well. You can tell she loves animals.
I have a shih tzu and a parakeet.

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Me too . Love cats and dogs . Love this dog on victoria bylin's book called; the outlaw's return.

message 10: by Lynsay (new)

Lynsay | 14 comments I love pets in books, especially when they have their own quirky personality that adds to the story.

I have a pit-bull/chocolate lab mix named Tora, that's the sweetest, biggest lap dog.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 27 comments I really enjoy animals in stories! I have 2 cats and a dog. The dog is a black terrier mix named Trixie. We got her off the street almost 5 years ago. So we think she is at least 6 years old. Nymphadora is our grey tabby cat. She will be 2 years old in May. Again I picked her up off the street. LOL! Sirius is the only male and he is our all black cat. He will be 1 year old also in May. I didn't pick him up off the street. My aunt gave him to me. He and his siblings and mom showed up in her yard last year. Around that time I had to put down my other cat because of health problems so my aunt gave me Sirius. Since I am a cat person I would say I love Cat and Rex in Carla's books!

message 12: by Martha (new)

Martha (bookmark_it) I agree with Lynsay; I also like pets that have their own personality.

We have a cat who likes to follow me around from room to room so he won't be alone. He's really our son's cat but was left with us when our son moved out on his own. We don't have a dog, but our three grown children have four dogs between them, so we get frequent visits from the grand-puppies. :-)

message 13: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance wrote: "I really enjoy animals in stories! I have 2 cats and a dog. The dog is a black terrier mix named Trixie. We got her off the street almost 5 years ago. So we think she is at least 6 years old. Nymph..."

Oh I love Carla's pets to I think alot of us wanted Cat and Rex.

message 14: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I also loved Chery Wyatt's psych (sp) was a cat with its own personality.

Lyn Cotes bassett hound in one of the new freinds book, that looked after some kittens was fun too.

message 15: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 44 comments I love pets in stories. I like to write them, too. I used to be a dog person--still am--but we have three cats right now.

message 16: by Love Inspired (new)

This is great... you can tell by everyone's responses that we've got some animal lovers here. :)

Terri, I loved the dog in The Outlaw's Return as well... it's so neat to see how the dog really was an important character in the book.

At our house, we read lots of books with animal characters. My 11yo loves animals, so she reads everything that has an animal in it.
Dream

message 17: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 20, 2012 05:52PM) (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Judy wrote: "I enjoy Jillian's pets in her books. Every time I read a Granger book I want my own Buttercup cow."

Me too! I love Buttercup...and CAT in Carla's Gladiator series

I have a miniature weenie dog named Sampson. :D oxymoron because Sampson in the Bible was big and strong!

message 18: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 11 comments I'm rather odd with my pet choices, I have my roommates' cat, Zeus who sleeps with me at night.

But as for me I have 3 aquariums (a 20 gallon tropical community tank, a 10 gallon african frog tank, and a 5 gallon pea puffer tank)

Lastly, I have my darlingest babies, 3 White's Tree Frogs, Daphne, Dwight & Dexter.

Pictures can be seen here: http://books-camilleelise4.blogspot.c...

message 19: by Love Inspired (new)

Jennifer, I love the ironic name. I love stuff like that!

Camille, with your frogs, you sound like our eldest daughter, only she has snakes. She always wanted a pet snake, but we told her no. If she wanted a snake, she could have one when she got her own place. Well, she got her own place, and now she's got about 20 snakes. They even have their own room. :)

Although what is a pea puffer??

Dream

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments lol I was wondering the same thing. What the heck is a pea puffer? Because in my mind it's a giant green pea fish that puffs itself to look like a pea! lol

message 21: by Lynsay (new)

Lynsay | 14 comments Dream, you sound like my mother. That's what she tells me everytime I ask for a snake.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 27 comments I couldn't imagine owning a snake! I'll stick with cats thanks! Jennifer I love the name for your dog. Its fun how people picture people and animals just because of the name they have.

message 23: by Love Inspired (new)

LOL Lynsay!! You'll have to do what she did and get one as soon as you move out. :)

message 24: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments not sure I would like one either.

message 25: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 11 comments I couldn't do snakes because I couldn't handle feeding them mice, which I find very cute!

A pea puffer is a puffer fish, but one that is very tiny, about the size of a pea. Unlike most puffer fish, these are freshwater, so I don't have to go into the expense of having a full saltwater aquarium in order to have puffer fish. :) They are some of the most cute and curious fish, whose eyes move more than most fish, so you can see them looking around and looking at you. :) And they are super tiny! But they have to have their own tank because they are aggressive towards other fish, and bit the tails off of fish easily 10x their size when I had them in a mixed tank! But with each other they're very friendly and curious little guys. :)

message 26: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Camille they sound fun little guyes

message 27: by Love Inspired (new)

Oh, they sound like cute little fish!

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments aww cute and aggressive! Sounds like me! lol jk

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 27 comments They sound cute! LOL Jennifer! I have my cute and aggressive moments too.

message 30: by Joy (new)

Joy I'm not much of an animal person except for cats. I have two cats. But I don't mind animals in books. I also love Jillian's Buttercup! That cow cracks me up. lol

message 31: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 11 comments I currently have my cat Zeus curled up at my feet. Perfect timing for a conversation about pets. :)