Challenge: 50 Books discussion

We Love Your Reviews!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
One of the best things about this group is the that members get exposed to the recommendations and warnings of their peers. We love getting a tip on your finds!

After all, who can tell is a book is really going to be good, when they're reading the blurb a professional marketer was paid to write?

So, if you are making a list on this group, consider adding a little bit of info about what you thought of the read to your list. I was shy about doing this at first, but I started out with just small notes like. "Well written; good characters." Now I write lengthy reviews - it's part of the fun. You could even put one word - Awesome; Boooring

3 reasons to bother:

- Your fellow readers are appreciate it
- You can copy and paste your reviews to your review of the book, therefore improving your chances to win a free book if you sign up for book draws
- It helps you remember, year after year, why you liked something or didn't

Is this necessary to participate in the challenge? No, but it makes the challenge more fun :)

Happy reading.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I appreciate the reviews, because I only want recommendations that peopled liked. However, can we be careful about spoilers, and sharing too much of the plot? A little summary is fine, but sometimes there's too many of the twists and turns in there that I'd like to figure out for myself.

message 3: by Erma (new)

Erma Steppe | 12 comments I am so excited, I have received my very first review from a book giveaway. I was very pleased to see a review of my book, I'M NOBODY
by Erma Steppe...ME. The review came from a lady in Australia. She gave the book a 5 and wrote several paragraphs praising my story.
I know how great it feels to be reviewed, it,s better than chocolate.
Thanks to all who takes the time to read my book.

message 4: by Faye (new)

Faye | 673 comments Mod
How exciting, Erma! Congratulations.

Cornerofmadness | 769 comments congrats to you on that!

message 6: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey (korrick) Oh good, someone wants my reviews, however rambling.