The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Taylor Swift - Safe & Sound

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David What do you all think of the Taylor Swift soundtrack song, for the upcoming Hunger Games movie, do you feel it fits with the story?

Personally love it, it's not really like the typical Taylor Swift track, and it really feels like she's put a lot of effort into it to make it fit.

For those who've not heard it yet, you can find it on youtube.com or spotify with a quick search. :)

Kerri I like the sound of it. It gives me chills.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't like the music video, kind of a let down.

Jam(MHlover) I think its very lovely and it fits the Hunger Games well!
Whenever I hear it, I imagine Katniss singing this to Prim.

Vassi I do not like it, beautiful lyrics, but not the music...well, maybe after the movie I will feel different

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

love it!! so beautiful<3

Christina I love it. I agree with you that she worked very hard on it, to pull it off, it is not like any of her regular work. I think it is an eery kind of creepy theme to it, but it fits. I don't like that kind of music typically, but I like this one. The only thing is that it's kind of repetitive, and doesn't like change, so it's kind of long, but odds are they won't play the whole thing during the movie.

Jackie I liked it goes great with the song Katniss sings when Rue dies.

george ☽ it's really good, it just fits, you know? If there was one book/film that this song would go with, it'd be the hunger games. It's not like her other songs at all, it's better in my opinion. I love it!

Emerson Lankford <3 this song!

Jennifer Two great sounds combined: The Civil Wars and Taylor Swift.

Taylor (A Booky Wonderland) I love this song so much because it's different from what she usually writes and it really captures the whole meaning of the Hunger Games. Can't wait until March!

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 17, 2012 08:14AM) (new)

Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars are great alone but when you put them together...*sigh*. It's perfect harmony.
She made the song perfect for the HG. Katniss could sing this to Rue or to Prim, either one!
And the music video was pretty correct to the HG. I mean, not all that happy, but the HG isn't that. It's war. People die. Not everyone has a happy ending.

BubblesTheMonkey I like the song. Will they play it during Rue's part?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel wrote: "I like the song. Will they play it during Rue's part?"

I dont think that anyone knows yet.

Sa-Human rights! I like the song.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

YES YES YESSS!

*Lily's* I Like it, its so sad though, it makes me sad every time I hear it :( but that's why it goes with the books, the video could is been better, its all right though. I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs for the soundtrack

Tatiana I like the song, think it suits the feeling of the book.

Taylor (A Booky Wonderland) Madi wrote: Rachel wrote: "I like the song. Will they play it during Rue's part?"

I dont think that anyone knows yet.

I think this is when Katniss gives Peeta the special sleeping potion and then goes to get his medicine. I think it suits it because of the "Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound" part.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Suits it sooo well

message 22: by Yazi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yazi I think this song would be perfect for when Peeta, and Katniss are on the train leaving for the capital.

David I almost died when i heard that Taylor was doing the Soundtrack. When i heard it i think i did die for a second. My heart stopped my breath slowed and i just basked in the eeriness of the song. I never would have chose a song like that for the Hunger Games, I was expecting something more upbeat and adventurous, But i am so glad that they chose a song like this.

message 24: by Jayme (last edited Feb 19, 2012 01:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jayme I love his song! It's not usually what taylor swift sings but it fits the movie :) it's kind of like a lullaby

Jayme I mean this not his

Momznite I like this cover of Safe and Sound by a girl who is around the age of Katniss but seems more like a Prim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osYMpa...

Amelia LOVE IT!!!

Jesserie I love it its wonderful

Ciara I think it's quite good. I think it will be better when I hear it with the movie, it will all come together. :)

Emily http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzhAS_...

Here is the actual link to the official music video. I love it. It gives me chills and goosebumps.

Maeve Mcdonagh T SWIZZLE ROCKS

Julie YOU GUYS T SWIFT IS AWESOME! the video was amazing ur all just jealous

Julie its true

message 34: by Lily (last edited Feb 27, 2012 12:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lily It's okay. I'll see how I feel about it after the movie comes out. I really don't like Taylor Swift.

Emily :'0 . Offensive. Jk. I LOVE her.

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 27, 2012 02:48PM) (new)

How about "One Engine" by: The Decemberists ?
It's also on the soundtrack, and it's completely different from "Safe and Sound," if you don't like Safe and Sound (I don't), u may like this song (I do) ...

you can listen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48sjXc...

message 37: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe I love this song!!!!! I think that it fits the books and will fit the movie perfect. I like Taylor Swift music, and this is totally different then her normal style, but in a really good way. But I also have a lot of friends who don't like it. I think it partially depends on the style of music you like though.

message 38: by Lily (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lily Sam wrote: "How about "One Engine" by: The Decemberists ?
It's also on the soundtrack, and it's completely different from "Safe and Sound," if you don't like Safe and Sound (I don't), u may like this song (I ..."

I definitely like this more!

Kassel Garibay I love this song, it fits right in. Also when I am sad it helps me to sleep (:

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Lily wrote: "Sam wrote: "How about "One Engine" by: The Decemberists ?
It's also on the soundtrack, and it's completely different from "Safe and Sound," if you don't like Safe and Sound (I don't), u may like t..."

Me 2!
@Zoe I think you right, I don't like slow, I like more alternative/punk, more like the other one, but if you like the taylor swift kinda thing, then i guess the song is good ...

message 41: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Well the thing is that it is soooo different from her other songs. It isn't like an original Taylor Swift song. That is what makes it so good.

Charlotte Abel Love it! Can't help but tear up whenever I hear it. ;-)