SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > 'Angelfall' Paperback Giveaway [WINNER Announced!]

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 16, 2012 10:47PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Susan Ee has generously donated ONE paperback copy of Angelfall, the first novel in her Penryn & the End of Days series, to our group.

[image error]

The giveaway is open internationally and ends on Wednesday, 22 February.

To enter the giveaway:
Post here stating you're interested and answer the following question:
What do you think will happen on 12/21/12, the predicted day of the apocalypse?

One lucky winner will be chosen using Mr. Randomizer. SOS members who also belong to our other group, Dark Side of the Moon, are allowed to enter only one giveaway, not both. Thank you.

For those who are interested, but do not win a copy, the paperback edition is now for sale on her website and Amazon.

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (versusthesiren) | 245 comments I'm interested!

I'm not sure if anything bad will happen -- I keep hearing that 12/21/12 is just when the Mayan calendar ends. Supposed apocalypses have come and gone before. However, it is the Winter Solstice, so people of pagan persuasion will be partying it up. :)

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments So very cool! I don't need it as I bought the ebook, but wow she rocks and thanks for organizing this!

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments :D Yay, Valerie!

Ditto, Regina, but I'm definitely buying a copy and look forward to having it sittin' pretty on my bookshelf. Thanks for stopping by to post. She's a generous author and the book is very good. I'm so anxious for #2.

message 5: by Jia (new)

Jia I'm interested :)
I don't believe in the apocalypse, so I don't think anything devestating will happen on that day. Hopefully nothing bad actually happens.

message 6: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Hi, Jia. Sorry, but you can only participate in one giveaway, either here or over at Dark Side of the Moon. I've noted you on the giveaway at DSotM, so your name will not be entered in the one for this group. But, thanks for your enthusiastic interest. :)

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments I'm definitely interested! I've heard such good things about the book from people here and at PBS. I REALLY want to read it.....REALLY!

I'm hoping nothing apocalyptic happens 12-21-12. But, I will try to stock up on a few necessities just in case.....

message 8: by Picyadri (new)

Picyadri | 2 comments I am interested! I loved this book so much, and can't wait to read more about Penryn and Raffe!

And my answer to the question: I think everybody will watch CNN or some other news channel to wait something to happen but nothing bad or terrible will (I hope). I believe in the apocalypse, but I don't believe it will happen at a pre-determined date, but I can see it happen out of the blue unexpectedly.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1 comments I am interested and I can't wait for book 2!

I really don't think anything will happen (hopefully) because several apocalypses have come and gone. I also agree with Picyahdri about the apocalypse not having a pre-determined date.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 437 comments I'm interested :)

I'm not sure anything will happen. Especially because how I write the date (21/12/12) doesn't look as pretty and as prophetical as it does written the other way.

message 11: by Colleen (new)

Colleen MacGregor (colleenmacgregor) | 2 comments I don't think anything will happen but I've read lots of fantastic books that speculate. The strange weather and people's attitudes make me wonder sometimes......

message 12: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Welcome to the group & the giveaway, Picyardri & Kate.

Great answers! I'm sure my hubby will make some of the same preparations, Cindy. He stocked up on water and MRE's (meals-ready-to-eat) before 12/31/99. ;) I don't expect the sky will fall, but I'll be watching the news online to see what craziness, if any, does occur.

Colleen, are you interested in the giveaway also?

message 13: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (versusthesiren) | 245 comments Ahhh, I remember MREs from Hurricane Irene... They weren't too bad, actually. :P

message 14: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Yeah, some are decent, others not so much. ;) 'Course, he'd rather avoid them after having to eat them all the time while on deployment. But, they are great to have on-hand for emergencies.

message 15: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 4 comments I'm interested.
I think that a ginormous balloon big enough to eclipse the sun will burst above Planet Earth and rain down delectable chocolates and sweeties and profiteroles made by the dessert God's. That somehow, miraculously, managae not to land on anyone's head and kill them. Then an explosion of fireworks will bang and pop and whizzle over every city in the world out of nowhere..
And we will all have a world wide peace party.
What?
Got to have hope.

message 16: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments LOL Ellie! Sounds like a great dream! ;) Welcome to the group & the giveaway.

message 17: by Renee (new)

Renee B. (fictionalpursuit) | 17 comments I'm very interested ( Been waiting for this book to hit the local shelves & it's #1 on my to-read list. :O )

Hmmm, I think quite a number will flock to churches on this day to pray for the salvation of their souls but many will continue with their daily lives (with *maybe* a little apprehension and a sense of impending doom). I, for one, will be expecting a scientific breakthrough. Maybe we'll finally figure out the secret of time travel. :D

The Mayan calendar works in cycles. This cycle is coming to an end, and a new one will begin. Cheers to a fresh start! :)

message 18: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Welcome, Renee! Here, here to fresh starts. I'm sure the churches around the world will be full. I'd LOVE it if time travel or even just super fast travel (like a Stargate or something) was discovered; it'd make trips from Japan to the US much nicer. LOL!

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 2 comments I'm very interested! I'm a big fan of the book already and the cover looks fantastic.

With 12/21/12, I don't think anything world ending will happen. Walmart and other grocery stores the day before will probably have tons of people. There won't be any mass paranoia, but there will be those few extremists making a scene on the day. Hopefully nothing too dramatic...

message 20: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 23, 2012 05:18PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Winner

[Drawing Winner chosen using Random.Org]
There were 9 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Ellie <--- Winner!
Cindy
Picyadri
Renee
Kate (2)
Jennifer
Valerie
Kate (1)
Colleen

Timestamp: 2012-02-24 01:15:27 UTC

Ellie, please send a private message (PM) to Susan Ee with your name and mailing address. She will send you your signed paperback copy of Angelfall. Congratulations!

Once again, many thanks to Susan Ee for thinking of us and generously donating a copy of Angelfall.

message 21: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Jennifer wrote: "With 12/21/12, I don't think anything world ending will happen. Walmart and other grocery stores the day befor..."

I'm sure there will be a run on TP and water that week. ;)

message 22: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (versusthesiren) | 245 comments Congrats, Ellie! :D

message 23: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Thanks for joining us, Valerie.

message 24: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 4 comments Woo Hoo! Thanks, I blushed with joy at reading this.
So excited to fhiinally get my hands on it dahlings.
Thank you so much :D!

message 25: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28236 comments Yay! Congrats, Ellie! :D

message 26: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23491 comments Congrats Ellie :D

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments So close......

Congrats Ellie!

message 28: by Renee (new)

Renee B. (fictionalpursuit) | 17 comments Congratulations, Ellie! Cheers to a world wide peace party! ;)

message 29: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 4 comments woo, here's to hoping ;)

message 30: by Picyadri (new)

Picyadri | 2 comments Yay! Congratulations Ellie! Happy reading!

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 2 comments Congrats! You are going to love it :D

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Angelfall (other topics)
Angelfall (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Ee (other topics)