Into the Forest discussion

Film/TV /Radio Adaptations > Lost Girl on Syfy

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phair (new)

Phair (sphair) | 34 comments I'm really enjoying this new series (SyFy, Monday nights at 10) . Main character is a succubus but as she was adopted & raised by humans she just thought she was weird since all her lovers tended to die from her kiss. Now she finds there is a whole range of Fae folk living among us with a complex social/political structure. Among these so far we've met a werewolf (love him), a Siren, Fates, a Woods Sprite and a whole bunch of other types from world folklore & mythology. It's a very cool adventure show- lots of fun and surprisingly good for SyFy where the product usually tends toward the cheesy.

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
Now it does. I think it is because they changed the spelling.

Farscape was awesome.

message 3: by Blue (new)

Blue | 8 comments i just started watching this show about a month ago and am caught up (except for this week's finale ep, getting ready to watch that later tonight!) i like it so much more than i anticipated. it strangely has a bit of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer feel (a good thing imo), and some cheesiness, but not too much to overwhelm the positive aspect of excellent characterization and good storylines. i kind of hate Lauren though.. she was totally beating willow on some 'best tv lesbian' poll and i was like.. seriously? no. i think it's awesome that they show bo being unapologetic about her bisexuality (she is a succubus after all, it would be really silly if she was a bi-apologist).. but i just don't happen to like Lauren for some reason. she seems snively and whiney to me. and her acting jealous that bo needs to feed on others was pretty unrealistic too. she's a very logic-based doctor, i think it would be more in character of her to think of the feeding aspect the same as a human would think of someone eating a cheeseburger. who gets jealous that their partner has to eat to live? makes no sense. i could *maybe* see the 'dyson' exemption from that... but really, it is because she knows bo loves dyson and if you know that is true, then you know your relationship is kind of doomed if you're not the type who can do poly relationships.

message 4: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments Chris wrote: "Now it does. I think it is because they changed the spelling.

Farscape was awesome."

Ha! Yes!

message 5: by Jenniffer (new)

Jenniffer Wardell | 11 comments I miss Farscape to this day (has anyone seen Rockne S. O'Bannon's new show on Syfy, "Defiance"? What did you think?). As for "Lost Girl," I used to really like it, but it's gotten a little too crazy for me now.

message 6: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments I just tried about 5 episodes of the first season of Lost Girl. I am not feeling it. Oh, well.

message 7: by Jenniffer (new)

Jenniffer Wardell | 11 comments Mawgojzeta wrote: "I just tried about 5 episodes of the first season of Lost Girl. I am not feeling it. Oh, well."

It's not for everyone. How do you feel about "Once Upon A Time"?

message 8: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments I liked "Once Upon A Time." I am a sucker for Robert Carlyle, so had to watch. I have only seen season one, though. I do not even know how many seasons there are. Oddly enough, my friend could not get into that, but loved "Lost Girl."

message 9: by Jenniffer (new)

Jenniffer Wardell | 11 comments Mawgojzeta wrote: "I liked "Once Upon A Time." I am a sucker for Robert Carlyle, so had to watch. I have only seen season one, though. I do not even know how many seasons there are. Oddly enough, my friend could ..."

It makes sense to me - the tones of the two shows are completely different. "Once" is actually just wrapping up season 2. If you like Robert Carlyle, some interesting stuff has been happening to Rumple this past year....

message 10: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments Great!