ONTD Book Club discussion

Monthly Suggestions > March book suggestions!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tea (new)

Tea (quietcoastline) | 106 comments It's that time again! What do we want to read in March? As a reminder, here are some suggestions from the February vote:

Ready Player One
Beauty Queens
Talking to Girls about Duran Duran: One Young Man's Quest for True Love and a Cooler Haircut
Tempest
Never Knowing
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor
My Name Is Memory
The Sisters Brothers
Death's Daughter

Feel free to toss out some suggestions of any genre, or second any of those listed!

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephyblue) | 23 comments I second Ready Player One! (I nominated it last month, and it came real close to being group read, so maybe this time! *fingers crossed*)

message 3: by Brenden (new)

Brenden (brendend) Ready Player One sounds the most interesting to me! :)

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (bookbrats) | 125 comments Mod
Oh hell no to Tempest. Just saying. Read it, it was okay, but the drama surrounding that book is ridiculous.

Beauty Queens would be a good choice, especially since I already own that one. Ready Player One sounds good, too!

I also have some other options to throw out there.

Graceling
Thirteen Reasons Why
The Snow Child
Divergent
The Rook
Life As I Blow It: Tales Of Love, Life & Sex . . . Not Necessarily In That Order (read it, loved it, totally up ONTD's alley)
The Fault in Our Stars

message 5: by Wigs (new)

Wigs (wigsnatcher) | 556 comments Mod
I'm not gonna suggest anything since my suggestion got picked last time but I'm excited to see what gets picked! :) I'll read whatever it is, though for now I gotta catch up on Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It seems that everyone's excited about Ready Player One so I could get on board with that!

I'm planning to back-read all the past club-picks too, bought Game of Thrones so I can finally be assimilated into the fandom :)

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 45 comments Ready Player One sounds good. I'm burnt out on YA books. I've already read 13 Reasons Why and Graceling. I was going to read The Future of Us anyways.

My second choice would be The Sisters Brothers. I've read Love Is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield, so I'd be willing to read Talking to Girls about Duran Duran. Le is a Mixtape was great because of how much he fell in love with and loved his wife.

message 7: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (aibiwashere) | 9 comments I have Ready Player One on hold. I wonder if it will arrive by March!

Other than that, I have no opinion on books. I just love suggestions instead!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm on board with whatever gets picked...but I wanted to suggest, How to Be a Movie Star: Elizabeth Taylor in Hollywood

message 9: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (victoriancrumpets) | 8 comments My suggestion is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. I've heard really good things about it!

message 10: by Tea (new)

Tea (quietcoastline) | 106 comments Tons of great suggestions this time! Poll is up, vote away!