Home Base discussion

Insignificance > Quote Frenzy

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

QUOTES.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

"But it was, it was a better life. I don’t mean all the travelling and seeing aliens and spaceships and things. That don’t matter. The Doctor showed me a better way of living your life. You know, he showed you too. You don’t just give up. You don’t just let things happen. You make a stand. You say “no.” You have the guts to do what’s right when everyone else just runs away! and I just can’t…!"

-Rose Tyler (Doctor Who, 1.13 - The Parting of the Ways)

message 3: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Be yourself; everyone else is taken." Oscar Wilde

"Dream! Live! Discover!" Me!

message 4: by E.J., Well, you hit me with a brick... (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 247 comments Mod
"I'd keep you down deep in my soul for so long..."

"Maybe I should quit while I'm behind..." - Me

message 5: by Kori (new)

Kori Morris (talionyzero) | 27 comments Delaware: "You, sir, are a genius."
The Doctor: "A hobby."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

“That’s the nature of being a teenager. It felt awkward and ugly and different. I felt uncool to the depths of my soul and I’ve never really recovered from that - I still think I’m uncool.”

-David Tennant

message 7: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Where, under our Declaration of Independence, does the Saxon man get his power to deprive all women and Negroes of their inalienable rights?"

-Susan B. Anthony

message 8: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) “Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”
~Lemony Snicket

“Miracles are like meatballs, because nobody can exactly agree on what they are made of, where they come from, or how often they should appear.”
~Lemony Snicket

message 9: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "God has no religion." -Mahatma Ghandi

message 10: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Any one who has common sense will remember that the bewilderments of the eyes are of two kinds, and arise from two causes, either from coming out of the light or from going into the light, which is true of the mind's eye, quite as much as of the bodily eye; and he who remembers this when he sees any one whose vision is perplexed and weak, will not be too ready to laugh; he will first ask whether that soul of man has come out of the brighter light, and is unable to see because unaccustomed to the dark, or having turned from darkness to the day is dazzled by excess of light." -Plato

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

“When you watch Torchwood there is a warning at the very beginning that some scenes may offend or disturb people, so if you allow your children to sit and watch it with you that’s your responsibility, it’s not ours anymore. We kissed, we held each other, we lay on top of each other in bed… and there were lots of complaints about that. Nobody complained that I was shot in the head four times, there were burning people in ovens, that I was stabbed by a mob of 50 people hundreds of times, and I was hanging dripping my blood in a pit. So that’s what confuses me, because you’re not complaining about gay sex, you’re complaining about two men kissing. And it’s 2011. And people say, “Well why should we have that on television?” Because the BBC have to represent the greater public — and there are gay people out there who pay their television license. For people to complain, that’s your prerogative — but you know what, none of them turned it off! They were just embarrassed because it put them in a position where they had to explain things to their kids or their family which probably should have been explained a long time ago.”

-John Barrowman (about Torchwood)

[This is why people love Barrowman...]