Zelda Rocks your Socks!! discussion

Characters > Poes

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (last edited Feb 16, 2012 05:41PM) (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Poes are mainly malevolent ghosts in the Zelda series. My favorites are the Poe Sisters in Ocarina of Time.

message 2: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Here's another good picture of a poe.

message 3: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments I don't like the Poes in Twilight Princess as much as the ones in Ocarina of Time. I just didn't like the difference in design.

message 4: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 722 comments Mod
(I can't see the images you posted due to my internet filters, so If I post the same pics as you... sorry)

Oh these creepy ones!

message 5: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Hylian Princess wrote: "(I can't see the images you posted due to my internet filters, so If I post the same pics as you... sorry)

Oh these creepy ones!
"

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about when I said I didn't like the new design from TP. I think they are weird and like the ones in OoT and MM a lot better.

message 6: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

They scare the crap out of me when I don't know they're there and they attack me!

message 7: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments If you capture big poes for the Poe Salesman in OoT I believe you get an extra bottle out of it at the end besides getting rupees along the way.

message 8: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

what happens if you catch them all? or is there not a limit?

message 9: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments There is a limit, after you catch all of them they simply don't appear anymore.

message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 76 comments I like how Sharp and Flat remind me of Mario and luigi

( I also like the oot/MM ones)

message 11: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Yeah, I always liked Sharp and Flat because they were the only nice ones in OoT. I guess the four poe sisters are sort of nice in MM.

Mia (dead account) . (aquarianbaguette) I love it when Sharp and Flat are defeated in the Kakariko Graveyard. Right after they're defeated, they say "Gah! You killed me!!!" or something like that. Which is weird, because... y'know, they're already dead!

message 13: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

Why can't I remember them?? :(

message 14: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Hylian Princess wrote: "Why can't I remember them?? :("

Probably because I'm almost absolutely certain that you can beat the whole game without encountering them. In that, it is not essential to interact with them to beat the game. So, if you find them then it is cool but if you don't you don't really miss them.

message 15: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

where do you find them?

message 16: by Rachael (last edited Jul 19, 2012 09:43PM) (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Let's see here are the ones I can remember. One is in Kakariko graveyard. One is by the signpost at night right outside castle town. One is beside the signpost right outside Lon Lon Ranch (You have to take that one down by riding sideways to the ranch and not forward into the ranch otherwise you just go inside the ranch or the poe goes inside the wall). One is by the big grey rock near the ranch. A nearby one to that is in the little forest you can see from the rock. Another is in between the canyon going up into the desert (still in Hyrule field). A really hard one to get is the one up on the fenced ledge overlooking the river in Hyrule field. Those are all the ones I can think of right now, sorry if some of my descriptions were confusing.

message 17: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

Well I know about poes... what the difference between Sharp and Flat that you were talking about? Do they all have names..? I think I'm lost..

Mia (dead account) . (aquarianbaguette) Hylian Princess wrote: "Well I know about poes... what the difference between Sharp and Flat that you were talking about? Do they all have names..? I think I'm lost.."

Only Sharp and Flat have specific names, and all the other Poes are just Poes. Sharp is older, chubbier, and wears red while Flat is younger, thinner, and wears green.

message 19: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Are there any poes in Skyward Sword?

Mia (dead account) . (aquarianbaguette) Rachael wrote: "Are there any poes in Skyward Sword?"

There are enemies in the Silent Realms that look like Poes, but are called Watchers. They don't attack you, they just alarm the Guardians.

message 21: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

Maybe they evolve into poes eventually... O.o

message 22: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Mia wrote: "Rachael wrote: "Are there any poes in Skyward Sword?"

There are enemies in the Silent Realms that look like Poes, but are called Watchers. They don't attack you, they just alarm the Guardians."

That is interesting.

message 23: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments Hylian Princess wrote: "Maybe they evolve into poes eventually... O.o"

Could be!

message 24: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

The world may never know..

message 25: by Nina Sakura (new)

Nina Sakura (SakuraNina) | 168 comments Hylian Princess wrote: "The world may never know.."

Because it is a secret to everybody!

message 26: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

I don't like secrets... unless they're mine. :)

message 27: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 362 comments "Shhhh! It's a secret...don't tell!" I liked it when the old men would give you rupees for revealing their houses in OoA and OoS but I didn't like it when they said "Thank you for paying to fix my door" and then took rupees from you.

message 28: by Hylian Princess , That's Princess, to you (new)

Aw I never played those games.