Lockdown (Escape from Furnace, #1) Lockdown discussion

Is he Britsh or not?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ I know the author of this book is British, but does it take place in Britain? I either forgot, or didn't realize, or it doesn't say. I can't decide if he sounds verybritish or not.

MizziQ I personally don't remember any mention of where it was. It seems to me that it went to Lockdown so quick that there wasn't time or interest. I think it might be like in my stories (just dabbling) I never say where it is because in my own mind all my characters are in the USA because I happen to live there. I'd think that it might be the same for this author.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Yeah, I pictured him American, but I love British people

MizziQ I actually don't know any but I love accents and they're accent is one of my favorites! Lol. :)

Josh Yeah, most of the characters speak with British dialect, or at least I thought so.

10brucad somehow i have think that it mentioned london somewhere, may be wrong but i thought that it was in england

Diane When they talk about money it is quid etc. so I assumed it took place in Brittan

MizziQ Diane wrote: "When they talk about money it is quid etc. so I assumed it took place in Brittan"

That's right! I totally forgot about that!

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Diane wrote: "When they talk about money it is quid etc. so I assumed it took place in Brittan"

True! Thanks!

Dalton ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ ❀Gale❀ wrote: "I know the author of this book is British, but does it take place in Britain? I either forgot, or didn't realize, or it doesn't say. I can't decide if he sounds verybritish or not."

At first I thought that it took place in New York, but reading further into the series, I found that I'm not so sure anymore. (sad face) :(

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ :( That would be awesome if it was in New York. But Britain is awesome too

Diane It is in Brittan because when speaking of money they use British terms such as "quid" I think somewher they also talk of weight in "stones" so it would not be NY. The great thing about this book is the reader can identify with where they feel this kind of thing would take place instead of it being written out for you.

Gamzee Trash Definitely Britain.

SilentSusan They do say 'quid' so I agree with Diane, that it may be England. But, to prove it, go onto the 0.5 book. It shows when it takes place. And where.