Making Connections discussion

ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 130. LOVE BOMB AND THE PINK PLATOON by Ryan Gielen

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
Ryan Gielen Love Bomb and the Pink Platoon by Ryan Gielen

Genre: Science Fiction/Fantasy

Love Bomb and the Pink Platoon

Book Description

When a military experiment goes horribly wrong and turns his entire platoon gay, a washed up general must learn to love his men and himself in order to survive the spiritual and actual war zone he has just entered.

General Newman Ginger wants nothing more than to fall asleep each night with a bottle of whiskey and a good war story, but his life of bitter solitude is thrown into chaos when he is ordered to act as a lab rat for top secret weapons testing.

The year is 1999, and a kinder, gentler army is developing non-lethal weapons to subdue enemy soldiers humanely. To avoid a court martial, General Ginger agrees to act as a test subject for one of these "soft" weapons: an aphrodisiac bomb.

The bomb is supposed to sexually arouse the enemy in order to distract him on the battlefield. However, what appears to be an accidental miscalculation muddles the experiment and the bomb turns the entire makeshift platoon gay.

Horrified by his new sexuality, General Ginger begs to be expelled from the platoon to return to his empty but familiar life, to ride out his remaining days in denial. Despite close ties to military brass he is remanded to top-secret barracks where the gay platoon is being held for observation and testing.

As platoon members begin to develop mysterious side effects, the arch-Christian Secretary of Defense sends them on a suicide mission in the mountains of a Middle Eastern war zone, and sends warplanes to finish them off should they survive the armed militias and devastating terrain.

While attempting to go AWOL, General Ginger stumbles upon the truth- there is no mission. Suddenly offered the chance to escape, and with warplanes bearing down on them, he must choose between his new gay platoon and his past as a loyal, straight, Christian soldier.

Be one of the first to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to Read and Review! All Reviews should be posted on Goodreads, Amazon, B&N and Smashwords.

Formats available: PDF epub or mobi, Sony Reader, iPad/iPhone.

All reviews should be completed and posted within 6 to 8 weeks after you recieve your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name, email address and format.

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 9 comments lmfao!!!!

message 3: by Tana (new)

are you signing up Nicole.

message 4: by Tana (new)

lol

message 5: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (joeysnana) | 76 comments Ok, this one is definitely different!
My curiousity is getting the best of me and with the long deadline, I can't pass it up.
cootswanda@yahoo.com
epub please

message 6: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Wanda

message 7: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (joeysnana) | 76 comments Thanks Tana! Have a great day:)

message 8: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) PDF copy and I will be will to give this a go as well. Email addy is grandadsjellybelly@hotmail.co.uk

message 9: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Fiona

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 9 comments Sure I'll give it a try;-)
Need me to leave my email here?

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 9 comments Nicole@sharearead dot com
epub

message 12: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Nicole

message 13: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Gielen (thelovebomb) | 2 comments Hey, thanks for checking this out! I posted the book trailer as well (to my author profile) if you're interested :)

message 14: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

Midu Hadi | 627 comments Mod
strideress_longshanks@hotmail.com
epub please
i'll be able to post my review on GR and Smashwords, only.

message 15: by Tana (new)

sent in your request Midu

message 16: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

thanks, babe! :-p

message 17: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (last edited Nov 08, 2012 11:30AM) (new)

Thank you Making Connections & Ryan!

PBD Blog
GR
Amazon
Shelfari