The outsiders discussion

venting/ranting > Dust Jackets on books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cate (new)

Cate (mynameisamnesia) Am I the only one who thinks 'dust jackets' are completely pointless and annoying? They don't even stay on the book while you're reading it, so why do they need to be there in the first place?

message 2: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 54 comments I hate those with my entire heart and soul. I was reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the thing was PEELING OFF! IN SEVERAL PLACES!
Also, with hardcovers, you can't use the jacket to mark your place when you have no bookmark, so you're forced to dog ear it.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 51 comments Ugh tell me about it

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven | 19 comments AGREED!!

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon They are REALLY, REALLY ANNOYING!!!! :\

When I'm reading books sometimes the 'dust jacket' starts to slide off the book and distracts me from the book that I'm reading!! :\

Sometimes I just feel like ripping it off so that it doesn't annoy me! :\

message 6: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 54 comments But then you'd get fined or something.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I know XD That's why I don't do that :D

message 8: by Cate (new)

Cate (mynameisamnesia) Everyone seems to be talking about the plastic cover taped to library books. I'm talking about the actual dust jackets on hard cover books that you buy.

message 9: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 54 comments I'm talking about the plastic covers on library books… I think that the ones on hardcover books are fine because I can mark my place with them.

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I'm talking about the plastic covers on library books as well XD

I'm not sure about the ones on hardcover books though... XD

message 11: by Cate (new)

Cate (mynameisamnesia) I just can't stand the ones on hardcover books because they always slip off and it makes my book hard to hold. Especially when it's a several hundred page book. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon You might not be the only one ;)