Medieval Role-Play discussion

Short Stories > Short Story/Free Write Application

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanienmo) | 45 comments Mod
This folder is for anyone who wants to read/write medieval short stories. This includes but is not limited to stories, comics, and free writes.

RULES:
1. If you want to have yours own thread to free write, post here before doing so.
2. Free writes are NOT chat topics.
3. All comments made on free writes should be constructive or congratulatory, not mean or rude.
4. There is to be NO STEALING of anyone else's work. I will kick you out the the group no questions asked if you steal.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (powers) | 44 comments Mod
Can we write things besides Medieval because you know I'm a paranormal writer :3

message 3: by Melanie (new)

It should be related to Medieval- it can be paranormal in a medieval time period.

message 4: by Emily (new)

okay

message 5: by Melanie (new)

I mean, you can post anything, but medieval fits the group better.

message 6: by Emily (last edited Mar 01, 2012 06:05PM) (new)

Okay um, I'm going to attempt something different. Usually my characters are kind of dark (what can I say evil is fun!) So I want to try an innocent perspective possibly.
Here I go (it's really short since it's a prologue)

Prologue:

Birds are rather ironic don't you think? They are so often conceived as signs of hope. Yet when their young are touched by the hands of a human they abandon all hope for them. They have all the freedom in the world, flying so high they could touch the heavens. But they always fall back to the ground. They fly with the changes in weather, yet they themselves never change . I don't understand birds.

Yet, my life is that of a bird. Free but trapped, hopeful yet hopeless. I feel I relate to them all too well. That's why when something or someone in my life is not related to a bird, I don't understand. I don't know how to act or think, like my wings have been broken and I was falling.

That's why when the soldiers came to the village that day it felt like I was crashing. That's why I could only stand there as they took him arm in arm and dragged him off to the unknown. That's why, because of me, we can never get him back.

Please leave critiques!! I'd love to improve this before I feel comfortable actually writing a chapter!

message 7: by Melanie (new)

It's good, and a different style from your normal. You kind of have to be careful with this very narrative type of thing because you have to know your character very, very well in order to do it right. But really there's nothing you did wrong. You spiked MY interest. :)

Make a new topic when you post your next chapter. :)

message 8: by Emily (new)

Thanks! Yah in retrospect I should probably actually develop the character I will try to work on a chapter.