Fantasy RP discussion

RPing > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky Tallin opened another door and peered around it.
"Aha!" Exclaimed the young man. "I found it! Finally." He then realised that he was being a bit too loud for a library. He strolled straight up to the bookshelves and caressed them gently, there was nothing like the feeling of a book. He could spend years in here and never get bored!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Micah materialized amid several bookshelves and immediately began scanning the titles for the book he was looking for. It wasn't here..... or here, or there. "Ah ha!" he said aloud, pulling a musty volume off a shelf near the ceiling-- he'd had to float himself up there to retrieve it. The Language of the Sihde, by Damascus Faolin the title read. Micah smiled to himself and opened it.

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky Tallin perused the shelves looking for just the right book to read. He found a good sized volume, bound in a deep red leather that bore the title of Magic Users Through The Ages , so it wasn't a brilliant title, but it was certainly about something that always caught his attention. Magic. It ran through his veins, though he had no idea why, calling to him at night and when he relaxed.

He pulled the book from the shelf and sunk into an old armchair to savour the feeling of being surrounded by books whilst he read.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oops," Micah said, as the book he'd been holding slipped from his hands and plummeted to the floor. It landed with a loud bang several dozen feet later. Grumbling to himself, he floated downwards to retrieve it.

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky Tallin looked up sharply, there had been a bang. He put his book down and went to investigate the noise, curiosity getting the better of him. He walked among the shelves and found a book lying on the floor, he looked up to see where the book had fallen from and found himself looking at the soles of a pair of boots.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Avalon led Jennevine inside. "Here, is where the world of books is held." And escape, she thought.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky Jennevine inhaled sharply. "Oh, it's amazing!" Breathed Jennevine. "So many books."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Avalon nodded, "Yup,"

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Becky said: "Tallin looked up sharply, there had been a bang. He put his book down and went to investigate the noise, ...."

Micah landed swiftly, and found himself face-to-face with an astonished-looking man. His book was lying on the floor. Picking it up, he dusted off the cover and said, "My bad. Sorry about that."

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky "No problem." Replied Tallin thoughtfully. He wondered if he could do that with his own limited use of magic.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

With a subtle motion of his hand, the book disappeared. He would look at it later, he decided. Looking at the multitude of titles which surrounded them, he said, "It's quite an impressive collection, is it not?"

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky "The best I've seen in a while I must admit." Replied Tallin with a smile.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Micah nodded thoughtfully and began to take strolling steps down the shelves. "It is probably one of the best in the mortal world," he continued. "But it's only half the size of my own. Which is a dwarf in comparison to others'."

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky "Nothing will ever compare to an immortal's library." Tallin followed the immortal down among the shelves.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"This is true. And a bit unfortunate, I must admit. If mortals were graced with the knowledge we possess, mankind would reach unfathomable heights." Micah paused, then looked at the man curiously. "Who are you anyway?"

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky "Tallin." He stated simply, there wasn't much else to say. "I think more likely the lack of our knowledge would come from the fact that we do not live long enough to learn half of the secrets those more long lived have the privilege of studying."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ah yes, that is a valid point. But still, there are far too few immortals who actually take advantage of this privilege. Livia doesn't even have a library, I believe. And my duties don't often permit me to study at great lengths. So what manner of mortal be you, Tallin? Wanderer, bard? Scholar or wizard? You have piqued my curiosity."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Izzy99 wrote: "Avalon nodded, "Yup,""

((Hello?))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hi))

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Hi, I think I'm going to make another charrie and get her active...))

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Zay walked into the library and saw two girls, and heard some talking at the far end.
She walked towards it and saw a god and a boy. She rolled her eyes, Great, she thought.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

A flash of purple caught Micah's eye, and he blanched. "Zay Foremost?" He said incredulously. "Is that you?"

message 23: by Becky (new)

Becky Tallin slipped away whilst he was distracted, the library wasn't the quiet solitude he was looking for.

message 24: by MOVED - CHECK BIO (last edited Feb 25, 2012 07:51AM) (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Kristin wrote: "A flash of purple caught Micah's eye, and he blanched. "Zay Foremost?" He said incredulously. "Is that you?""

Zay recognized Micah in an instant. "Micah? Well I'll be Merlin..." Zay walked forward.
She looked at the God of Pain. He was the only God that didn't bug her. She smiled, "Nice to see ya' here."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Kristen? Where did you go???))

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

A pile of books floated in the air. Then a girl appeared, now holding the pile of books. She sighed.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Avlona saw a girl appear out of thin air and almost gasped. She looked at the girl's eyes and sighed. They weren't gold.
She left Jennevine to stare at books and walked over to the girl.

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2012 08:07AM) (new)

She saw a girl approaching. "An immortal!" she whispered in awe. She slowly disappeared again, the books now supporting themselves in mid-air again.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Avlona stood in front of the girl and rolled her eyes. "Show up again, girly. I'm not an immortal.
I'm human," she lied. She wasn't an immortal, but she wasn't human either. She wasn't about to spoil the secret.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

She slowly appeared again, but she wasn't holding the books. They were still floating in the air. "What makes me so interesting?" She looked the girl up and down. "You are not mortal!"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Avlona kept her anger under control. "You shout that, you get a personal earthquake," she whispered.
"I mean it," Her golden eyes were glowing a little, meaning she was trying to keep her anger under control.
"First, you turned invisible. Second, I repeat." she glared, "Don't. Shout. out."

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"Geez okay! Calm down Avlona! I won't blow your cover." She lowered her eyes, setting the books down. "C'mon. Turning invisible is totally normal..." Her fake enthusiasm faded.

((Note: YOU NEVER SAID YOUR NAME!!! mwhahaha!))

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((I see, XD))

Avlona fought hard to control her destruction power. "Listen missy, stop shoutin'. That girl of Merlin will hear, then we're both done." she pointed out Zay.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not even talking loudly She whispered without moving her mouth. I'm just talking to you in your mind! Totally normal!

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Avlona wasn't surprised by the mind speak. She eyed the girl. "What are you? You aren't immortal, you aren't a sorceress," she looked over her shoulder at Zay, then back to the girl, "But aren't like me."

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

She raised her eyebrows. To be honest, I don't even know! She gestured around her. One day, I'm just chillin' with my parents, just a normal person! The next minute, I'm an orphan with weird powers!

message 37: by Becky (new)

Becky Jennevine looked up from the shelves, she had only just realised that she was alone. When had Avalon left? She shrugged, she was better off alone anyway. She gave the books one last loving stroke then left the library.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Avlona frowned. "Let's talk in my room. It's in the Girl's Dorms area of the castle."
With that, Avlona walked out to her room.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"cool." she muttered. She left the library.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Izzy99 said: Zay recognized Micah in an instant. "Micah? Well I'll be Merlin..." Zay walked forward.
She looked at the God of Pain. He .....

((Kristen? Where did you go???))

((Sorry! I had to leave))

Micah laughed aloud. "No kidding! How long has it been now since I've seen you? Five years? Six?"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Zay smiled and nodded, "'Round there. Goodness! It's fun seeing you here, I had no clue."
Zay was happy to see a friend.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

He strode to her side and gave her a friendly, one-armed hug, smiling broadly. "So. What's the daughter of Merlin doing in an place like this?"

message 43: by MOVED - CHECK BIO (last edited Feb 27, 2012 06:48AM) (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Zay laughed leaned into him before answering. "I heard about this place and wanted to check it out. You know how I am. If something interesting reaches my ears, I go there.
Doesn't rhyme, but it still makes sense." Zay grinned. "Now may I ask the same of you? Oops, just did," She joked.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Micah laughed. "You are refreshing, Zay." They walked over to a pair of plush, comfy armchairs and sat down. "Mostly, I came for the same reason, and I must say I am impressed. It's no wonder so many of the immortals have begun to congregate here. The place is quite. . . captivating."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Zay sat down and nodded. "Why yes it is. It seems strange though how it appeared out of nowhere."
Zay commented and looked around. She fixed her ponytail so she could see. She leaned back and put her arms on the back of the armchair.

"Wonder where it came from. Not Merlin, certainly," She said.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

"Places such as this often remain mysteries for centuries, if not millennium," he said. "And when they are no longer mysteries, they cease to exist." The immortal stroked his chin thoughtfully, watching Zay. "If you were a goddess, Zay, what kind of goddess would you be?"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Zay frowned at the question and thought about it. "Probably something like the Goddess of Magic or something. Probably Goddess of Magic. That one is my specialty." Zay concluded.
She frowned at Micah, "Why do you ask? Trust me, I'm soooooo not a Goddess of Beauty or Love. Bleck,"

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Micah shrugged. "Curiosity. But that wasn't the question I asked. I asked what kind of Goddess. Not what Goddess."

message 49: by MOVED - CHECK BIO (last edited Feb 27, 2012 11:03AM) (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Zay raised an eyebrow. "Umm, a good one I guess. One that helped people and kicks Ares in the butt for starting wars.
Something like that," Zay smiled at the thought of Ares.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Micah nodded, as if he had expected that answer. "I see. Humanity would benefit if they had more gods like you and less like Livia."

« previous 1