Nordic Noir discussion

Nordic Noir in Movies and TV > Headhunters film

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/video/excl...

Looks very edge of the seat fast paced.....

message 2: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments OMG..that looks fantastic~~US though???

message 3: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) It does look awesome!

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1614989/

Worth a read through.....especially the references to S Larsson Triology.
Fully a Scandinavian production....the goofs are fun. Tickled pink to see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau a Danish actor I like in it....

Details
Language: Norwegian | Danish
Release Date: 12 April 2012 (Netherlands) See more »
Also Known As: Охотники за головами See more »
Filming Locations: Nittedal, Norway

◄ Headhunters (2011)
The film features several references and tributes to Stieg Larsson's Millenium trilogy. Diana watches the second film from the trilogy, The Girl Who Played with Fire, on TV the night Roger comes home late. Also, aerial shots from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo were used to fill in some missing scenes. One of the clips features a car driving over a bridge. The car from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was digitally replaced with the car Roger Brown drives in this film.
Casting for the twin police officers Monsen proved particularly difficult because the twins had to weigh over 220lbs and be identical. Lars Skramstad Johnsen and Gunnar Skramstad Johnsen fitted the bill.
Upon its release, the film has been sold to over 50 countries - a record for any Norwegian film.
Summit Entertainment bought the rights to produce an American remake of this film, even before its initial release. TYPICAL pattern!!! How sad...

Not to be confused with an earlier Danish film 2009 Headhunter....

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Naomi wrote: "OMG..that looks fantastic~~US though???"

No but as usual they want to remake it in their way........

message 6: by ???!!! (new)

???!!! | 10 comments I watched the movie, headhunter, quite good. First time ever a movie came out almost exactly, and I mean exactly, like the book. I enjoyed it tremendously.

message 7: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Maybe I can get it on Netflix at some point

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanthomas) Sharon wrote: "Naomi wrote: "OMG..that looks fantastic~~US though???"

No but as usual they want to remake it in their way........"

You were right about a US remake of Headhunters being a likelihood, Sharon. Here's the link http://www.shortlist.com/entertainmen....

message 10: by DJ =^^= (new)

DJ =^^= (debzee) | 4 comments Watched it a few months ago online-Great movie even with the subtitles. Not the biggest fan of subtitles.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Deb wrote: "Watched it a few months ago online-Great movie even with the subtitles. Not the biggest fan of subtitles."

How can you see it on line? Would love that....

message 13: by Stuard (new)

Stuard | 1 comments Check: http://losmovies.com - the best one

message 14: by Adam (new)

Adam | 2 comments Loved the book and the movie!

I've just bought 6 other Jo Nesbo books on the strength of Headhunters.

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Adam wrote: "Loved the book and the movie!

I've just bought 6 other Jo Nesbo books on the strength of Headhunters."

Do yourself a favor and read HH in order if possible....he is a character that changes or each case affects him. Enjoy...

message 16: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi D Watched Headhunters on Netflix last week. With sub- titles....and was well worth it! Now I need to get reading Jo Nesbo. I started Redbreast a couple of years ago...and couldn't get into it. But since I have several of his books on my shelf I should try the book again.

message 17: by Sohail (new)

Sohail Jee | 2 comments you can watch on moviesberg.com