Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Does anyone else think Snape is a good guy?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shayla (I made the discussion) I mean, at the end when we saw his story, I got all sad, and now I kind of love Snape. Even when I'm rereading the books and rewatching the movies, whenever I see Snape I get all empathetic. And probably pathetic. So my question is, am I the only one?

Allie Yeah... So at first I was really mad that Snape killed Dumbledore but after I read the last book I felt really bad that Voldemort ended up killing Snape for a stupid wand. I've read like all the books 5 or 6 times and yeah whenever i see/ read about Snape again I feel the same way. So I would say that I think that Snape was pretty awesome

Trey (charles) Of course snapes a good guy. Have you even read the part after snape died.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2012 08:03AM) (new)

Ive only seen the movies and yeah, the actor who plays sape is really good at it and no-one else could compare to that actor, he played snape very
well. and yes, i do love snape and i think he's a good guy.

message 5: by Habz (new) - added it

Habz urm but snape is the good guy...!
its a lot more clearer in th ebooks then the films
the film doesnt clearly say that snape was a double agent for dumbledore

Remy Yeah, David Yates completely screwed up the films. I remember someone who hadn't read the books went to see the last film with her friend who also hadn't read the books, and they came out of it going "So is Snape like Harry's real dad or something?"

David Yates completely messed up.

But yes, Severus is the good guy.

Kimberly Even in the early books, I always thought Snape was a good (but misunderstood) guy. I hated that he died at the end but loved that Rowling explained his character's actions and his relationship with Harry's mom. I'm not sure if my convictions were based solely on the novel or were influenced the fact that I just love Alan Rickman and couldn't stand to see him play someone totally evil, although bad guys are what he does best, but it's nice when they have some redeeming qualities.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Even in the early books, I always thought Snape was a good (but misunderstood) guy. I hated that he died at the end but loved that Rowling explained his character's actions and his relationship wi..."

so true!

Mika Snape is by far my favorite character.... :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Of course he's good, but we didn't know that until the end of the last book.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

yes,hes good. he helped harry all throughout the series and the only reason he "helped voldemort" was because he was a spy for him

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelsey a.k.a. BOOK GODDESS wrote: "yes,hes good. he helped harry all throughout the series and the only reason he "helped voldemort" was because he was a spy for him"

I meant spy ford dumbledore

Heather Well, I think J.K Rowling has given the reader the oppertunity to decide if Snape is bad or good. My opinion: Good! :)

Catherine Snape is a good guy! I love the part in the epilogue when Harry's son is scared he'll be in Slytherin, and Harry says, "Albus Severus Potter, you were named after 2 headmasters of Hogwarts, one was in Slytherin, and he was the bravest man I ever knew." (Don't quote me on that, I haven't read the book in like 2 years, and that was off the top of my head)