Classics Club discussion

General > Suggestions for March's Classic Novel

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Drake (elizabethdrake) | 49 comments Mod
Time to start thinking about next month's novel! Let's get those suggestions in so we can get a poll up.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

You beat me to it, Ace. That was going to be my suggestion too.

message 3: by Cheryl (last edited Feb 16, 2012 09:08AM) (new)

Cheryl | 17 comments I also want to read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley . :)
I was thinking about this book yesterday and I had a feeling we might be reading it soon.

message 4: by Lois (last edited Feb 18, 2012 03:29AM) (new)

Lois (loisbennett) Hello from a new member! :)

I'd like to nominate Agnes Grey Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë .

I'm reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall at the moment, and blown away by Anne Bronte's writing - she's fantastic - better than Charlotte, if you ask me (and I love Charlotte!)...

message 5: by Lois (new)

Lois (loisbennett) I'm happy to go with Frankenstein since it's 3 - 1. It's only fair, especially in the absence of a poll.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Lois, I think that is what we will end up doing unless I get another couple of suggestions today.

message 7: by Frances (new)

Frances (francesab) Hello, I've just joined and am looking forward to meeting you.

I would love to do Frankenstein as well but agree that a Bronte would be a great future pick. I also loved The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

message 8: by Frances (new)

Frances (francesab) Have people started yet? I'm on chapter 5 and was initially somewhat confused by the opening letters (as I had downloaded a free version I was worried I had the wrong book until I'd checked with a friend). I was also surprised at how quickly the creature is made-I had rather assumed there would be a lot more detail on the process and that the life-giving moment would be a major climax of the book, not achieved by chapter 5. I hope to get more read over the next couple of days.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Hi Frances, you can discuss the book here:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...