Goodreads Singapore discussion

A Singapore Love Story
This topic is about A Singapore Love Story
new books, events & giveaways > New Goodreads Author =D

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Low (new)

Low Hwa (lowkayhwa) | 1 comments Hi all!

I'm a full-time Singaporean novelist, having written ten novels so far.

I just discovered Goodreads late last year. My intention was to update my profile often and review all the books that I've read, but I gave up after one book! I guess I'm just too lazy to review the books, though I've still been reading very regularly!

It's only recently then I realize there are Singaporeans here (or people residing in Singapore). I just did a giveaway for my latest title, and was surprised that seventeen people requested for it! I was expecting zero, as I targeted only SG and MY.

I'd really love more feedback about my writing so that I can improve, especially from my latest title. You guys can get it from the library or in any bookstore. Will appreciate any negative feedback, so that I can improve!

Once again, hello to all! I'm currently reading Peony In Love by Lisa See (didn't know about her until recently). Just reread Pride and Prejudice a week ago for my school assignment!

message 2: by Jess, Founder (new)

Jess (thereadingpublic) | 52 comments Mod
I just did a giveaway for my latest title, and was surprised that seventeen people requested for it!

Got free stuff don't take very waste mah :P
You could try commenting on ratings people have left for your books on this site to ask for feedback. Unless they opt out they'll be notified by email and some might respond.

message 3: by ✿.Ⓐⓟⓞⓞⓡⓥⓐ.✿ (last edited Dec 22, 2012 03:58PM) (new)

✿.Ⓐⓟⓞⓞⓡⓥⓐ.✿ (apoorvak) | 4 comments Low wrote: "Hi all!

I'm a full-time Singaporean novelist, having written ten novels so far.

I just discovered Goodreads late last year. My intention was to update my profile often and review all the books t..."

I'm actually 14 and was born in Singapore. I lived there for seven years, and it's so cool hearing that there are other Singaporeans on here. :) I'm a young writer myself, and have gotten a couple short works published in our school newspapers and magazines.
I will definitely check out your novels, and spread the word of them a little.

Write On!