Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
This topic is about Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
What do you think of the movie? Did you like the movie or the book better?

Court | 0 comments The movie was, for once, better. I lurrrvvveed the movie, it was great XD

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 46 comments Courtney, what did they change, and why do you think it was better? I haven't seen it--I meant to, and read the book because the movie was pending, but after devouring the book I couldn't bring myself to go watch the film!

message 4: by alisonwonderland (Alison) (last edited Dec 07, 2008 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

alisonwonderland (Alison) | 30 comments i really loved the movie. (one thing that made it better for me was the limitation on the "f"-word.) i thought that the movie was well cast, and it was great fun having "faces" for the characters. it was also fun to actually hear the music. i'm not sure if i liked the movie better than the book - but it was at least as good (so watch for the DVD, Alethea!).

Tien (tiensblurb) | 18 comments oooh... I was thinking of watching the movie as I haven't yet but I will definitely do it now :)

Vicki I'd like to check it out. It's not out on dvd yet,right?

Malena (thefieryheartnz) | 21 comments I'm definitely interested in watching the movie.

Just checked - it doesn't come out at the movies here(NZ) till February!!! :(

Tien (tiensblurb) | 18 comments oh, Mel, I'm with you there! I'm in Australia & it doesn't come out at the movies til Feb here too :p
Bummer!

Nikki (nikk329) | 32 comments I just saw the movie and there were some changes and additions but the think both versions are good in their own way. The only thing I wish they didn't change was I liked that in the book it was Nick who asked if Norah could be his girlfriend for 5 minutes not Norah. I give a thumbs up to both!

Court | 0 comments OMG! February!! When does Twilight come out?

message 11: by Tien (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tien (tiensblurb) | 18 comments Twilight is showing now...

Court | 0 comments Wow. Nick and Norah came out in the US of A before Twilight..

Allie (zenmasterallykat) | 3 comments This movie was quite different from the book, and usually that would drive me nuts, but I loved it! Maybe good music can always win me over ... the soundtrack rocks. I especially loved the focus on Caroline, she was perfect. But why did they have Nick ask Norah the 5-minute question in the beginning? They couldn't keep that one little part true to the book!?!

message 14: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Just reserved my copy at the library so I should get it after I finish the book!

Diana  (higura_natume) | 30 comments hm...

movie because the whole book had more of a purpose rather than the random wandering they were doing in the book

in the movie, they were looking for fluffy, caroline, etc.
although tris was a lot bitchier in the movie

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 46 comments I couldn't get halfway through the movie! Although I was watching it with my husband; I think without him around I would have been much more forgiving. Maybe I'll try watching it on my own later.

Diana  (higura_natume) | 30 comments well the book gave the characters more background, but the plot itself was better off in the movie

message 18: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finally saw the movie. I really like the actors in it. Plus I like Michael Cera! He's fun to watch.