☮Express Yourself ☮ discussion

Debates > Are school uniforms good or bad?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Are school uniforms good or bad?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Bad. I wear them and they're horrible. I just want to wear my clothes everyday at school and just express myself. School uniforms are in my opinion, bad.

Antje གརས པཅ Parker | 41 comments Mod
I've always wanted a school uniform

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Antje wrote: "I've always wanted a school uniform"

The uniform we wear is strictly knee below, hair tyed up, no make-up, socks rolled down, black shoes with no heels and no nail polish. It's really strict. I want to wear normal clothes to school for once.

I'd prefer that, everyone at my school dresses like sluts -_-

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Antje wrote: "I'd prefer that, everyone at my school dresses like sluts -_-"

I know. No one has no respect for themselves or the way they dress. I thought my school was slutty (a Catholic private school) but I haven't seen how schools are internationally to really know.

Yep, an d no one enforces the dress code

message 8: by Emi (new)

Emi | 13 comments i think they are good, they are just... easy! you dont have to think what to wear plus no one can judge for what you are wearing. my uniform maybe ugly but i will miss it..

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily wrote: "i think they are good, they are just... easy! you dont have to think what to wear plus no one can judge for what you are wearing. my uniform maybe ugly but i will miss it.."

I guess thats true.

But I would love to wear whatever I wanr and just express myself. I think schools need abit more freedom.

message 10: by Emi (new)

Emi | 13 comments my school has uniforms but except of that you can wear make up , nail polish , i think that you can come to school with blue hair and they don't tell you anything... well expect you dye it in the school bathroom in that case(it has happen before)you just have to apologize to the headmaster

I'd rather not be able to express my personal style at school then see a bunch of cleavage wherever I go

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 103 comments Mod
Good in the sense that everyone dresses innapropriate without them, and no one gets picked on for their clothes

Bad in that you don't get to develop a personal style

Mostly good, but id prob hate having to wear one

message 13: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay I think that school uniforms are good because there are many kids and teenagers that are bullied just because they have a different style and wear clothes that people don't usually wear or because they don't have the money to buy labeled clothes.
With the uniform, everyone looks the same so that situation will no longer occur.

Yup

message 15: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay :)

message 16: by Maria (new)

Maria  (mars_bars97) they are both i reckon
they are good because if your on excursion and you get lost people know what school you belong to and

its bad because u cant wear wht you want when you want and when u feel like it

message 17: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Sherman (kendall_sherman) | 1 comments In a way school uniforms are good and bad. They are good because they keep students from picking on each other for what they wear and they are bad because you have no way of expressing who you are.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. I kind of like wearing a uniform but I hats that I look no different than anyone else.

♪♥Appy♥♪ *What Shall we do with what little swag w (Aptheawesome) | 79 comments they r good and bad. good bc of the part of how they dont get judged and they r bad by not being able to show personality and also wht if u have a looot of clothes??

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 02, 2012 08:54PM) (new)

I don't wear one and never have. It seems like it sucks. I can barley follow dress code. No room for free expression. If I had a school with that, I probably just wouldn't wear it. What happens if you don't?
Also do they stop you from dying your hair and piercing yourself and like tattoos/writing???
I'm pretty sure I'd do that too...
Where I go to school, nobody gets picked on for not wearing nice clothes, it's the girls who wear too low cut or the guys who's pants are on the ground who get made fun of and, to be truthful, they deserve it.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam wrote: "I don't wear one and never have. It seems like it sucks. I can barley follow dress code. No room for free expression. If I had a school with that, I probably just wouldn't wear it. What happens if ..."

They stop us from dying our hair (although we get away with streaking our ahir), NO tattoo's visible, no piercings or even 2nd piercings on ears (even though I have it, so what?), socks rolled down, no make-up, hair must be up in ponytail, no fake nails or nail polish. Nude polish only yada yada yada. Too many rules. Ugh. I really wish I was in America!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow! Jeez that's really strict!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

they're annoying, not bad, just annoying, they're quite strict in our school! :/ unfairly

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) School uniforms... Okay, so there are some parts of my school dress code that i really don't agree with... Like no nail polish, etc;

I understand that they are meant to support no bullying, and how we're a school and we stand united... yada, yada, yada.

In a sense, the school uniforms do kind of stop bullying on what you are wearing, but then bullying still exists, and at my school, teachers don't really have regular uniform checks and you only get a short detention for not wearing part of the school uniform.
Also, I knew a girl once who got a detention for having coloured socks. Apparently, that was being out of school uniform.

I do however find it hard to express yourself when you are forced to wear what everyone else is wearing... doesn't that make it a little hard to be your own person? At most schools, you can't really modify the school uniform to express yourself. (Hemming or adding a button doesn't count in that case)

message 25: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) They're great. I don't have to think about my outfit :P

message 26: by Devora (new)

Devora | 27 comments Well I guess now I don't have a problem with them because of my luck. Right when I was going to 7th grade they decided to put uniforms, then to 9th grade the same thing, now High school my last 3 year and they just said we will be wearing them:(

Oh that is terrible

message 28: by Devora (new)

Devora | 27 comments Charlie ♥GaleForever♥ wrote: "Oh that is terrible"

I know.

message 29: by James (new)

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 4 comments Wearing school uniforms are good and bad. Uniforms are good because people will not make fun of people just for being theirselves. Also, it is easier to not think about what clothes you should wear. Uniforms can be bad because you get to wear the same boring clothes all the time at school. Also, uniform rules can be really strict for a lot of schools.