☮Express Yourself ☮ discussion

Debates > Should celebrities be role models?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Should celebrities be role models?

message 2: by Jessie! (new)

Jessie! (BookWormForever645) not all of them, but some are good people

message 3: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay It depends on the celebrity. There are those who are great examples like Angelina Jolie, George Clooney, Sean Penn, Sting, Bono, etc.
These do something with their fame and fortune to help others and make the world a better place.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

@lucy great list, I totally agree!
Some celebs can be stupid and shallow, don't look up to them. Look up to the ones who do good. But really, in the end I look up to the one who was a fighter. My celeb love/role model is Andrew McMahon who survived cancer. He was well on his way to being an air head, but that humbled him and totally inspired him and me.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucy wrote: "It depends on the celebrity. There are those who are great examples like Angelina Jolie, George Clooney, Sean Penn, Sting, Bono, etc.
These do something with their fame and fortune to help others a..."

I agree with you. It really does depend on the celebrity.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) selena gomez is dating a guy younger than her.....and yes i do think celebrities should set an example

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) mm-hm

♪♥Appy♥♪ *What Shall we do with what little swag w (Aptheawesome) | 79 comments hahaha!! thts why i said kinda!!!! teeeheeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 11: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) It really depends. I think they should set an example, since they are role models for a lot of people, but I think that they shouldn't be loved since they're famous.

♪♥Appy♥♪ *What Shall we do with what little swag w (Aptheawesome) | 79 comments hahahaha!!

hey, thts a way to look at it too!!!

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) Lol I think sometimes too and yes that is a way to look at it, cos some people just like celebs for their fame. Like before they became famous they could've just walk past people a people wouldn't even care

♪♥Appy♥♪ *What Shall we do with what little swag w (Aptheawesome) | 79 comments xactly!!! hahaha!!! cuz i told my friends i wanna go to mars with NASA in 2036 so they r plannin on rememberin me!!! hahaha!!! but i do wanna become an astronaut and go with them!!! i also wanna be a pediatriction

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) Ah astronaut me and my friend have astronaut on our mental list of jobs we want. When you do travel to mars can I come? Lol jk but Itd be pretty cool

♪♥Appy♥♪ *What Shall we do with what little swag w (Aptheawesome) | 79 comments cool!! ikr!! tht would be sooooo awsum!!!!!!! id be all like goodreads buddy and stuff!! hahaha!! jkjk!

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) Hahaha lol! Okay we're straying off topic now lol

♪♥Appy♥♪ *What Shall we do with what little swag w (Aptheawesome) | 79 comments yup!! with me, thts allll ul be doin on goodreads!! hahaha!

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) Hahahaha! Lol I think I can see that now lol

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

You guys should remember me too! I'll be in a band, and when I get famous, I'll be a good role model AND give you people free concert tix!

♪♥Appy♥♪ *What Shall we do with what little swag w (Aptheawesome) | 79 comments Hahaha cool!! I might be a singer

message 22: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Some but not all.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Meeting my celebrity role model tommorow. He's not that famous, but I'd still consider him a celebrity.

message 24: by James (new)

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 4 comments Some celebrites, can be role models to people. It just depends on the celebrity.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam wrote: "Meeting my celebrity role model tommorow. He's not that famous, but I'd still consider him a celebrity."

I met my role model yesterday, he was extremely nice and promised to read my letter. My conclusion is that yes, some celebrities are role models, the others you can just crush on.

message 26: by Devora (new)

Devora | 27 comments I don't know, I think it all depends on the kind of person they are.

message 27: by Payton (new)

Payton  (tonikeysmwm) | 3 comments I think People Like Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, And Nicki Minaj, People that People look up to, Should Totally Be Role-Models.