☮Express Yourself ☮ discussion

Debates > Beauty pageants do more harm than good?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do Beauty pageants do more harm than good?

message 2: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay I think that they do more harm than good because they basically show the less fortunate people that don't have such great looks that they are doomed. That brings depression to may and in the name of mental health, I am a strong opponent of beauty pageants.
Everyone is beautiful in their own way and we don't need to see the so called "obvious beauty" exposed as what should be a pattern in society.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 103 comments Mod
The show toddlers&tiaras is child abuse

message 4: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "The show toddlers&tiaras is child abuse"

Indeed!! Madness!!

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria  (mars_bars97) Lucy wrote: "Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "The show toddlers&tiaras is child abuse"

Indeed!! Madness!!"

i agree as well i dont watch it but i have been told all about it

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "The show toddlers&tiaras is child abuse"

Exactly what came to my mind...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "The show toddlers&tiaras is child abuse"

Yeah I agree. My friend thinks that show is cute, but i strongly disagree... Its cruel and abusive

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Same thing with Dance Moms

message 9: by Vixen (new)

Vixen  | 66 comments idk, i feel like theyre just like cattle...you know how they have cow competitions on who has the best well-groomed or nicer built/structured cow...i kinda feel like its a pointless thing and the cows have to undergo all these things that shouldnt really be done to them, to enhance their milk or make them have bigger utters or even inject them with steroids...and yeh, can you guys not see the comparison hhahha

message 10: by Vixen (new)

Vixen  | 66 comments though here, clearly they have a choice...plus it is somewhat of a sport ot keep your body in shape (like bodybuilders) however if theyre using cosmetic/plastic surgery then whats the point, just doing more harm over a stupid thing about who looks the best

btw did anybody see on the news the beauty pageant who got disqualified cuz she was born a man but had a sex change years ago because from the time she was a 5 she felt and knew she was really a woman or had the mind of one anyway.she was born with a pretty feminine body anyway. Idk i think she shouldnt have gotten disqualified cuz the whole beauty pageant is based on what you look like and answering questions. all of them go through plastic/cosmetic surgery or wear makeup or get bigger boobs or lipo suction, nose jobs...etc changing theyre body. anything they dont like about themselves to make them look better for the pageant. genitals is just another body part realy, all she did was make herself look better lol...sorry about the rant

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

btw did anybody see on the news the beauty pageant who got disqualified cuz she was born a man but had a sex change years ago because from the time she was a 5 she felt and knew she was really a woman or had the mind of one anyway.she was born with a pretty feminine body anyway. Idk i think she shouldnt have gotten disqualified cuz the whole beauty pageant is based on what you look like and answering questions. all of them go through plastic/cosmetic surgery or wear makeup or get bigger boobs or

I totally 100% percent agree with you. I saw that on the news too! I think all this fame and fakeness goes to the kids heads and turns them into a shallow, overly confident person. It destroys kids. And cosmetic enhancements? Do people know about natural beauty? Is that not beautiful?

message 12: by Vixen (new)

Vixen  | 66 comments Though in the case of the sex changed contestant, honestly i respect her for doing that. Idk i think its quite possible from the time she was little she felt like she was a girl and living in the wrong body. If you think about it, most times no one really chooses to be gay, you just cant help who youre attracted to and the reasons why. (this is of course, leaving out the exceptions of anyone who had psychological issues or being raped or you know what i mean) but anyway, thousands of years of evolution, psychological wise, we still have at the core the basic instincts of animals. That's why men are generally attracted to skinny, beautiful women, long hair smooth skin because if youre just thinking physical features, it is usually a telltale sign that said woman is the healthiest and more fertile out of the rest. Women are attracted to strong muscular men with money because it means they can take care of them and their kids, feed them, protect them, house them etc. That is thousands of years of animal instinct engraved into our minds. Just like animals, say peacocks, the wfemale chooses the male with the best colored tail etc. theres a bunch of examples

but then one day, on guy or one girl was born and going against thousands of years of instincts, evolved to a point where he or she was attracted to the same sex. no rhyme no reason, just couldnt help it. Scientists said that physically male and female brains and minds are different from each other. but if one day, some man or woman was born and they were gay, i think its quite possible that the beauty contestant who was born a male, had something different in his brain and mind, where his brain was more made up like a females, thus feeling from the time he was a kid that he was supposed to be a girl and is truly a girl. So he gets a sex change.

So yeah, i believe she is a girl, and right on for entering, i dont see why she had to get DQ when she had a sex change early on in he rlife and spent the majority of it as a girl, and everybody sees her as one

Very well said!

message 14: by Vixen (new)

Vixen  | 66 comments lol thank you! my dad was saying its not fair. shes got an advantage over the rest of the girls because she cant get her period and what if some of the girls are pms-ing during the pageant. I was like "really dad. really? is that what youre going with. because if that's you only argument, then by that standard, its not fair because the OTHER girls arent on their period. or did you want to keep them all in a room and hope they get on the same cycle befor eyou start the pageant? because basically this GIRL is like the others who arent on their period." lmao i died at his argument so badly

That is a very good point! It's really all the same

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Vixen wrote: "lol thank you! my dad was saying its not fair. shes got an advantage over the rest of the girls because she cant get her period and what if some of the girls are pms-ing during the pageant. I was ..."

That would have been an awkward conversation....lol :D

message 17: by Vixen (new)

Vixen  | 66 comments Less awkward and more hellbent on getting our views across. Hahha but yeah it did have the potential for awkwardness when the news was over and we were done arguing our points...then we were channel surfing in silence so finally I went upstairs. I was a little mad at his POV lol

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Vixen wrote: "Less awkward and more hellbent on getting our views across. Hahha but yeah it did have the potential for awkwardness when the news was over and we were done arguing our points...then we were channe..."

Lol :D

message 19: by Devora (new)

Devora | 27 comments Charlie ♥GaleForever♥ wrote: "The show toddlers&tiaras is child abuse"

I know how do there parents stand there and watch there kids cry. And id the kids don't win it just ruins their confidence in themselves.

Yeah! It messes them up for life!

message 21: by Devora (new)

Devora | 27 comments I know!