The outsiders discussion

27 views
Relgion and Philosophy > Questions about Christanity

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 192 comments Mod
Any of you have questions about Christanity ask away.. I dont know everything but i will try to anwser as best as I can, though I can only speak for myself because there are many different branches of Chrisanity so what I believe may not be the same for every Christian ;) but I can tell you what most believe:

-that when Jesus died he took the blame for our sin
-that there is literal Heaven and Hell
-Hell is NOT something you "deserve". If is a choice for those who reject Christ
-The trinity
-you are a Christian when you accept Christ as you Savior and try ( because no one is perfect) to not sin
- we are sinners saved by grace (grace meaning something we don't deserve but are given anyway)
-everything that happened in the bible is true and is Gods Word
-being a Christian isn't about being right or wrong but it is about a relationship between you and God

I think that covers it, oh please tell me if there is anything you think most Christians believe or whatever let me know. And remember that there are many different denomonations that have slightly different beliefs so......


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think you covered everything :D

I'm Orthodox and the beliefs you listed are pretty much the same and I think are what the core beliefs are to being a Christian.


Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 192 comments Mod
Katy wrote: "I think you covered everything :D

I'm Orthodox and the beliefs you listed are pretty much the same and I think are what the core beliefs are to being a Christian."


okay, cool. :) i thought those were most of the core onse. if there is something i listed that you denomotaion doesn't agree with tell me and i will correct it :)


message 4: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 54 comments Hell is NOT something you "deserve". If is a choice for those who reject Christ

Does this mean anyone who's not Christian goes to Hell?


Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 192 comments Mod
Allie wrote: "Hell is NOT something you "deserve". If is a choice for those who reject Christ

Does this mean anyone who's not Christian goes to Hell?"


Sounds brutal but yes ;) let me explain though. God gave us a choice to have a relationship with Him and I'm doing so we can go to heaven because of Jesus who died so we (us humans) could choose if we wanted God or not. God isnt the type of guy ( or higher being) to want to smite people down though. All He is interested in is having a realationship with you, He accepts you for who you are. Idk how to explain it but I don't want you to get the wrong idea. Did what I say make sense though?


message 6: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 54 comments Cat wrote: "Allie wrote: "Hell is NOT something you "deserve". If is a choice for those who reject Christ

Does this mean anyone who's not Christian goes to Hell?"

Sounds brutal but yes ;) let me explain thou..."


Not really… But isn't it an unalienable right and a right in the Constitution that you can believe whatever you want to believe without consequence or discrimination?


Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 192 comments Mod
Allie wrote: "Cat wrote: "Allie wrote: "Hell is NOT something you "deserve". If is a choice for those who reject Christ

Does this mean anyone who's not Christian goes to Hell?"

Sounds brutal but yes ;) let me ..."


Sorry. What? I honestly don't understand what you are saying. I wasn't trying to start a political argument or anything and my region has nothing to do with the constitution, it was written long before. Did I like offend you?


message 8: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 54 comments Cat wrote: "Allie wrote: "Cat wrote: "Allie wrote: "Hell is NOT something you "deserve". If is a choice for those who reject Christ

Does this mean anyone who's not Christian goes to Hell?"

Sounds brutal but ..."

Kind of. Like a horrible firey afterlife death, it seems. It seems so unfair.


Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 192 comments Mod
Allie wrote: "Cat wrote: "Allie wrote: "Cat wrote: "Allie wrote: "Hell is NOT something you "deserve". If is a choice for those who reject Christ

Does this mean anyone who's not Christian goes to Hell?"

Sounds..."


sorry, but that is what we believe. it doesn't mean i look down on people or think anyone who doesn't agree with me is stupid or inferior. it's what i believe. the last thing i wanted to do was offend people.
as far as dircrimnating goes i wasn't doing that. i was simply saying what some of the core beliefs of my relgions are. it is not like i aimed an arrow at someone. that wasn't my intent. i dont know how you got that out of it.

though you need to remember hell/heaven are choices.


message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2012 05:21PM) (new)

Everyone believes in different gods, how about we leave it at that. People all have different beliefs and Cat is just stating the Christian beliefs.

Everyone just isn't good or just isn't bad. We all have sinned and we ask God for forgiveness. So, no you wont go to hell but if you lie, cheat, steal, you will be frowned upon by many including God as he can see everything you do.

So I think its safe to say that everyone should love one another and respect and forgive each other. I think thats an important one for all beliefs and is the core beliefs for many.


Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 192 comments Mod
Alice♥Pardon me,but you've obviously mistaken me wrote: "Everyone believes in different gods, how about we leave it at that. People all have different beliefs and Cat is just stating the Christian beliefs.

Everyone just isn't good or just isn't bad. We..."


;)


message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon @ Alice:

I agree with what you said :)


message 13: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Sherman (kendall_sherman) | 32 comments don't you have to do something really wrong before you get sent to Hell? for example if you do something like say kill someone and you never ask Gods forgiveness you go to Hell don't you?


message 14: by Ian (new)

Ian (magicboyd5) Kendall wrote: "don't you have to do something really wrong before you get sent to Hell? for example if you do something like say kill someone and you never ask Gods forgiveness you go to Hell don't you?"

it depends if god forgives you


message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Cat wrote: "Kendall wrote: "don't you have to do something really wrong before you get sent to Hell? for example if you do something like say kill someone and you never ask Gods forgiveness you go to Hell don..."

Good explanation :)


message 16: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Sherman (kendall_sherman) | 32 comments Cat wrote: "Kendall wrote: "don't you have to do something really wrong before you get sent to Hell? for example if you do something like say kill someone and you never ask Gods forgiveness you go to Hell don..."

Yes, and it is very hard to explain everything without forgetting something...:)


message 17: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Sherman (kendall_sherman) | 32 comments Yes it does and it's harder to explain now than it will be when we die...


message 18: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) I also believe that we should love, and not judge others. Show the same love Jesus showed :)


message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

:D


message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma | 55 comments I honestly don't understand a thing any of you are saying xD and I don't believe, guess I'm going to hell, good thing that I like the warmth...


message 21: by Emma (last edited Mar 10, 2012 04:22AM) (new)

Emma | 55 comments I know sorry, I was kinda rude there, I don't know why I said that...


message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma | 55 comments Cat (MUST STOP JOESPH KONY) wrote: "Ty wrote: "I know sorry, I was kinda rude there, I don't know why I said that..."

it is okay. :) i dont mean to come across as 'if you dont believe what i believe you are bad and going to hell'. t..."


nah, it was me being stupid!


back to top