Dystopias and Social Critiques discussion

So....Is He?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B-MO (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:44PM) (new)

B-MO (BMOGREEN) | 2 comments Big Brother I mean....is he watching us :)

right nwo? pn inten

B-MO

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie (huffychick) | 7 comments Yes. I see him watching me right now. So I guess that means I'm actually watching Big Brother.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments Oh, He's definitely watching me- I'm one of those heretics you have to keep an eye on all the time, or else I go about starting revolution...

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie S. | 41 comments But does Big Brother exist like you and me?

"You don't exist."

(I think I just butchered that quote. Sorry, I don't have the book in front of me).

message 5: by Sooz (new)

Sooz anyone who doubts that surveillance is reaching BIG BROTHER statis hasn't read Naomi Kline's article called, 'China's All Seeing Eye". it's easily found on line.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, BB does exist. I used to have a 1027 encryption bit on my computer so that I could send encrypted emails to my friends, and one day I received a call from the NY State DA about it. They even contacted my husbands job about it. In the end they said they would not press any charges if we removed it and never did it again.

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie S. | 41 comments It's a little past Christmas time, but I was thinking about that song that says Santa Claus is watching. "He sees you when you're sleeping/ He knows when you're awake/ He knows if you're been bad or good."

This awkwardly reminded me of Big Brother.