The outsiders discussion

venting/ranting > Sexual Abuse

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 192 comments Mod
It is amazing how often sexual abuse can occur..... I knew this lady who had been sexually abused by her own father for years, when she got older she went to shrinks and they helped her get over it but she never really got overit until a few years ago when she let God take it from her! And now she is a counselor to girls who have gone through the same thing...... Share your stories of people you know being in that situation (if it's not too personal) here......

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Cat wrote: "It is amazing how often sexual abuse can occur..... I knew this lady who had been sexually abused by her own father for years, when she got older she went to shrinks and they helped her get over it..."

This is alittle personal but I'm willing to share. I haven't gotten sexually abused, but my father was abit of a pervert and that caused problems. I don't want to see him or have anything to do with him.

I've seen so many cases on the news with people who have gotten sexually abused. Its horrible :(

message 3: by Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* (last edited Feb 16, 2012 12:10AM) (new)

Alice (LoveandCraziness:D) wrote: "Cat wrote: "It is amazing how often sexual abuse can occur..... I knew this lady who had been sexually abused by her own father for years, when she got older she went to shrinks and they helped her..."

oh, i am so sorry.
you dont have to share more than you feel nessissary
:( yeah, it is bad. so many people are being abused, mostly kids though.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

No, it's okay.

I'm over it now and just want to move on with my life.

Poor kids though. I heard one little girl was being sexually abused by her step dad. Its horrible. And they're just kids. I pray for them, and what they're going through. No kid deserves that in their childhood.

Alice (LoveandCraziness:D) wrote: "No, it's okay.

I'm over it now and just want to move on with my life.

Poor kids though. I heard one little girl was being sexually abused by her step dad. Its horrible. And they're just kids. I ..."

amen :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Amen.

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Berry | 15 comments This is a topic I'm passionate about. My mom and her brothers were sexually abused by their stepfather. The thing I never understood was why her mom didn't walk away after her kids told her what was happening. I see the effects it has had on my mom and she's turned out better than the rest.

Tiff

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Berry | 15 comments I will never understand how someone can hurt a child. It's beyond me.

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon It's horrible!!!! :( I can't believe what people can do to each other, especially what some people can do to little kids!!!! :(

IT SHOULD BE STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Yeah! :(

message 11: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Delacroix Umm...I don't...know...if I should be sharing this...but (view spoiler)

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I'm sorry :( That must have been a horrible experience :(

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone :) And I'm sure that Cat and the others won't either :)

message 13: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Delacroix Shannon wrote: "I'm sorry :( That must have been a horrible experience :(

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone :) And I'm sure that Cat and the others won't either :)"

Thankyou. The good thing is I only remember the beginning, so it isn't traumatic enough for people to guess. Over the years, he has left it, and I have learned to hide my feelings, so now I'm almost perfectly normal! =)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so sorry. :(

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 51 comments That's really horrible. I'm so sorry. That's terrible.

message 16: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Delacroix Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "That's really horrible. I'm so sorry. That's terrible."

Alice♥Pardon me,but you've obviously mistaken me wrote: "I'm so sorry. :("

It's okay. Like I said, I'm luckier than most people, plus I've got books and music that help me out, because I always find a deeper meaning that helps make me realize that I'm not in this alone.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 51 comments That's good, I'm gald you are a good enough person to handle it. And us Goodreads friends are always here for each other.

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon @ Daphne (message 16):

:) That's good :)

message 19: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Delacroix Cat wrote: "Alice♥Pardon me,but you've obviously mistaken me wrote: "I'm so sorry. :("

yeah, what she said. :(

and dont worry, nothing leaves this group, i think i will add that to the rules."

Shannon wrote: "@ Daphne (message 16):

:) That's good :)"

Thanks Shannon, I'd appreciate it if you make sure of this. I didn't really meanto tell anyone, but, like you said, this is a venting and reanting place, and no one I know will find out here.

Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "That's good, I'm gald you are a good enough person to handle it. And us Goodreads friends are always here for each other."

=) Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon No problem :) I will, don't worry :) Yeah :)

message 21: by Bri (new)

Bri (bri465) My cousin sexually abuses me.

message 22: by Shannon (new)

Shannon That sucks! :\ I'm sorry :( That's horrible :(

message 23: by Bri (new)

Bri (bri465) And I cant tell any of my family.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Bri wrote: "And I cant tell any of my family."

You have to tell them. I hope it stops. That is just wrong, I dont see how people can do that.

message 25: by Shannon (last edited Apr 21, 2012 08:28PM) (new)

Shannon @ Bri:

Is there no one in your family that you can trust?

If there isn't anyone in your family that you can trust then I would advise you to tell someone that you trust, someone that you know will be able to help you. For example, if you go to church, a pastor or a counseller at school.

message 26: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 54 comments Someone got raped at the train station I sometimes get off and on at on Thursday, an hour before I got there to go to school.

Ffffffffff I hate that station. The entrance that the woman was at was the back entrance, too, which is surrounded by construction and impossible to see from the street.