CPCC Book Club discussion

Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 10 comments Mod
I'm a second semester student at CPCC working on my CSAC Certification. I'm also reinventing myself in a way. I have taught history and science for the past 7 years. I have worked with students ranging in grades from kindergarden through high school.

I have personal experience with addiction and working through substance abuse counseling. I know how to teach but know very little about how to counsel.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (MJS1) | 5 comments WEll said Jordan.

message 3: by John (new)

John Hundley | 2 comments Hi, I'm John Hundley. This my last semester in the SAB Counseling Certificate program. I'm finishing up an internship at Anuvia Prevention and Recovery Center and preparing to take the NCSAPPB exam for CSAC certification in the next 4-6 weeks. In addition to studying to be a counselor, my time at CPCC helped to motivate me to fulfill a life-long dream of becoming a writer. In Nov, 2011, I published my first paranormal fantasy novel, the first of a trilogy about a recovering addict studying to be a counselor and dealing with extracurricular activities as a werewolf.
This book club is a wonderful idea, and I wish it had come to fruition sooner. I don't know how much I'll be able to participate the rest of the semester, but if it continues over the summer, I'm in!

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 10 comments Mod
John we have to talk! I completed Anuvia's SAIOP program two years ago and I would like to hear about your experience counseling there.

I also have a girlfriend who works as an editor. She and a fellow editor are starting a workshop this May to help writers with proposal letters and finding book agents.

Oh, and I want to buy one of your books!
Jordan

message 5: by John (new)

John Hundley | 2 comments Jordan wrote: "John we have to talk! I completed Anuvia's SAIOP program two years ago and I would like to hear about your experience counseling there.

I also have a girlfriend who works as an editor. She a..."

We'll have to have a chat this Thursday before or after class or during a break maybe? I'm trying to carry a copy of my book around just in case, so maybe I'll have one then, if you want a paperback signed. If you have a kindle, or smart phone with kindle app, it's only 2.99 for the ebook, or available for free download this Wed, Thu, Friday for Friday the 13th promotion.