21st Century Literature discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived General Discussions > March 2012 Books chosen!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Mego (willmego) Looks like Skippy Dies and 11/22/63 have won the poll this month, and we'll begin reading them on March 1st!

Since I'm not hung up on this, and Logophile has never said anything, and since one person here seems to want to knock on our doors and make us read Skippy Dies, I was wondering if Deborah would like to officially lead the discussion of that book! This high office comes with many responsibilities, like....um...reading the book, and er.....bothering to post occasionally...and well....doing the stuff she already does! Although, I can't speak for other mods, but as far as I go, if she says yes, she can try any crazy idea she likes in discussion leadership (other than being mean, I guess) that she might want to try. Hopefully, she'll let us know if she'd like to lead it.

message 2: by Mikela (new)

Mikela if it will help, you can tell Deborah that I'll be reading it...but giving the Stephen King book a wide berth.

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Roberts | 1324 comments Will wrote: "Since I'm not hung up on this, and Logophile has never said anything, and since one person here seems to want to knock on our doors and make us read Skippy Dies, I was wondering if Deborah would like to officially lead the discussion of that book! This high office comes with many responsibilities, like....um...reading the book, and er.....bothering to post occasionally...and well....doing the stuff she already does! Although, I can't speak for other mods, but as far as I go, if she says yes, she can try any crazy idea she likes in discussion leadership (other than being mean, I guess) that she might want to try. Hopefully, she'll let us know if she'd like to lead it. "

That sounds like a great idea!

message 4: by Deborah (last edited Feb 16, 2012 04:16AM) (new)

Deborah | 983 comments Sure. I'll probably try to copy you, Will. If I screw it all up you have to point and laugh only when I'm not looking and far enough away that I won't hear you.

message 5: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Roberts | 1324 comments I cannot imagine that you (of all people) will screw it all up!

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 983 comments Ahh, you only met me recently, and I've been on my good behavior.

message 7: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Roberts | 1324 comments I seeeeeeeeeee. Look forward to meeting the bad Deborah! (I like naughty people)

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 983 comments Insert evil giggle here.

message 9: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Roberts | 1324 comments Ha!

message 10: by Thing Two (new)

Thing Two (thingtwo) Rats! I've already read Skippy Dies and I'm number 149 out of 149 in line at the library for 11/22/63 . Guess I'll have to wait to join the discussion until April. :(

message 11: by William (new)

William Mego (willmego) edited the book listing for the group to add Deborah as the leader for it, and I'll create a placeholder thread so the folder will show up, whenever she makes at least one thread, I'll remove my placeholder.

KJ: maybe providence will work out somehow. Do you have or use any kind of eReader device?

message 12: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Roberts | 1324 comments Before I order these books is it official that these are to be March's reads?

message 13: by William (new)

William Mego (willmego) yes, they won the poll, they are the reads.

message 14: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Roberts | 1324 comments Thanks.

message 15: by Thing Two (new)

Thing Two (thingtwo) It's okay, Will. I've got plenty of books here to keep me occupied. I don't plan on picking up an e-reader until I've read the real books I've purchased, but I'm making good progress!

I was just shocked to see 149 out of 149 ... wow! I'll comment sometime in September when it finally arrives. ;)

message 16: by Logophile (new)

Logophile | 41 comments Sorry that I've been MIA. I'm all for Deborah leading the Skippy Dies discussion. Maybe Tina would like to lead the 11/22/63?

I'd like to say that I'll be more active this month, but odds are not good until April 17 (when tax season in the U.S. is over).

message 17: by William (new)

William Mego (willmego) Yes, if there's anybody who has a passion for leading the other book, Speak up, or send a msg them if you have reason to think they would. If no one steps up, I'll lead the book by default.

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 983 comments Or by de nose?

message 19: by William (new)

William Mego (willmego) oh, speaking of which, you should be able to see the forum for Skippy Dies in the discussion boards, I put a temp topic to make it visible, so feel free to make whatever threads you want, however you like, to best discuss the book. No hurry though, still more than a week off.

message 20: by William (new)

William Mego (willmego) Nobody else has spoken up, and I accidentally got a head start on 11/22/63 so I'll lead the discussion on that one. Folders and threads to be up today sometime.

message 21: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Roberts | 1324 comments Looking forward!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.