Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Children's Nonfiction > The Indie Writer's Nework

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_joy) | 17 comments Hello,

I wanted to let my fellow indie writers know about the new Indie Writer's Network and the Indie Nonfiction Children's Writers group blog that's been set up just for you.

The Indie Writer's Network (IndieWriteNet.com)is a brand new, FREE social network just for indie authors and aspiring writers. On it you can make friends, connect with authors in your genre, participate in discussion forums, create a networked blog, share articles, and more.

The Indie Nonfiction Children's Writers blog (http://indiewritenet.com/childrensnon...) is a group blog for all indie writers in this genre who have joined this group on the Indie Writer's Network. On this blog there is space for you to post an author bio, descriptions of your book(s) along with links for where to find them, and articles about writing in this genre. The entire network is just over a month old, and the Indie Nonfiction Children's Writers blog I just set up this evening. This means that you can get in on the ground floor as the network begins to build. I envision this becoming a great way to share our work, get to know other writers, and learn from one another.

To join the group blog, all you need to do is:
1. Join the Indie Writer's Network: http://indiewritenet.com (again, it's free).
2. Join the group “Children's Nonfiction Writers”. (http://indiewritenet.com/groups/child...)
Once you've done both these things, you'll be set up to meet other indie writers from across genres as well as share within your genre in all the ways I listed above.

As a fellow indie writer, I look forward to seeing you there!

Amy Joy

PS: If you have questions, please feel free to contact me at indiewritenet AT yahoo.com.

message 2: by E. (new)

E. Milan (EMilan) | 34 comments I'm a current member, great site. Thanks!

message 3: by carol (last edited Mar 16, 2012 09:48AM) (new)

carol  (carocaro) | 16 comments Hi Amy
One of the challenges made against Indie Writer's is one of poor editing. This as you know varies across the whole spectrum from excellent to poor. Many of my Indie Writer friends claim editing costs put this service out of their reach. I've set up my own editing business with this in mind including negotiated time options for payment. There are two other freelance editors available for times when the workload is too heavy for one. At present my costs are kept down through my refusal to pay advertising. Word of mouth from satisfied writers and passing my information on through threads like these are my
current communication methods. If anyone is in need and wishes to know more my
website is www.carocaroediting.co.uk. I hope you don't mind my mentioning this?
Good luck with your network which I will pass on to my Indie Writers too.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen Talty (jen_talty) | 10 comments I just joined the site. Under a deadline, but will be back to figure it all out. Thanks!

message 5: by E. (new)

E. Milan (EMilan) | 34 comments Carol, that sounds like a great service. I'll be in touch in the future with my next work! I'll pass it along to others who need editing service as well.

message 6: by carol (new)

carol  (carocaro) | 16 comments E. wrote: "Carol, that sounds like a great service. I'll be in touch in the future with my next work! I'll pass it along to others who need editing service as well."

Thank you E. Apart from the web address as above. The email for that site is info@carocaroediting.co.uk. Free sample pages done as well to show quality of edit. :))

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura LaRoche (lauralaroche) | 50 comments Great site, I'm a member!

message 8: by Elaiya (new)

Elaiya Lallan | 1 comments Nice website!!I am a member now..

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments I used to be a member but actually found the site to be kind of boring and confusing. But I guess somethings aren't for everyone.