Camp Halfblood discussion

Other Places > Dining Hall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by GonnaWingIt (new)

GonnaWingIt | 50 comments Mod
FOOD!

message 2: by johnny (new)

johnny baird (rawrbuddie) | 20 comments ken grabs a plate and walked to the nearest flam and slide a portion of his food into the fire thanking the gods for this meal aqnd day

message 3: by Lunariette (new)

Lunariette | 24 comments Juniper picked up her plate and scraped aside some ribs into the flames. Thank you, Mother, she thought, One more day, Artemis, she finished, looking up with scared eyes. She was always asking for more time.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thalia grabbed a plate and scraped off some steak to her father Thanks Dad She thought.She sighed and sat down at her table

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Alek walked into the dining hall with Karissa and began scanning the room for his sister.

Katarina walked up behind Alek and tapped him on the shoulder, making him jump. "What took you so long?" she asked, eyeing the girl next to him suspiciously.

message 6: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) Karissa felt uncomfortable under the girls gaze. What was she suppose to do?"Just be nice" she thought to herself, so she gave her a small wave.

message 7: by Lunariette (new)

Lunariette | 24 comments Juniper sat down at the Athena table and proceeded to eat her food. She hated feeling like a loner.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Katarina narrowed her eyes as Alek began to make introductions.

"Rina, meet Karissa," he said, then turned to the girl. "This is my sister, Rina."

"It's Katarina," she said cooly.

message 9: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) Karissa didn't know what to do. She wasn't the kind of girl to start fights, but she also stood up for herself. She could be pretty firece but this was Alek's sister.

"Hi," She said, sticking her hand out, hoping she would return her handshake offer. "Your brother's a pretty cool guy."

Of course she thought more to him than that but she couldn't since he was standing right there. And she wasn't sure Katarina would be nice bout her secret crush on her brother.

message 10: by johnny (new)

johnny baird (rawrbuddie) | 20 comments vlad looked around and diddnt want to disturb anyone so he found a log far from everyone ate there alone " wow more alone time" he said with a frow

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

At first Katarina didn't return the handshake, but with a glare from her brother she did so grudgingly.
"I've invited Karissa to sit with us at the Athena table," said Alek, a subtle warning in his voice. "Maybe you can help me introduce her to some of the others."
Katarina pressed her lips together tightly in order to avoid saying something obviously impolite. "Fine. Sure," she said stiffly. "That sounds great. I'll meet you there." With that, she walked away to get some food.
Alek sighed. "Sorry about that. She can be really . . . touchy at times."

message 12: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) Kariss smiled, "It's ok. I'm not suprised that she's suspicious. You wanna get some food?" She asked, trying to take the topic off of his sister.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

He broke into a grin, glad that she wasn't horribly offended by his sister's rudeness. "Yeah. I'm starving."
They served themselves a variety of different foods from the buffet line and then approached the large fire where they would make their sacrifices to the gods.

message 14: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) There was so much different food! It looked really good and Karissa took alot. Finally, they got to the large fire.

She scooped some stuff off of her plate, but whatd did dhe have to thank her dad for? Thanks for Alek, Dad Then she moved out of the way so Alek could do it or whatver.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

He followed Karissa's lead, scooping some food into the fire and thinking, Thanks for getting us here safely, Mom. And for everything else. It was a bit vague, but he figured it would do. "C'mon," he smiled at Karissa. "Our table's over there."

message 16: by Lanie Jazz (last edited Mar 04, 2012 03:59PM) (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) "Ok" She followed Alek to the Athena table, hoping that there were more people as nice as him there. Karissa wasn't exactly "friendless" she was just more quiet than other people at times.Wow she said to herself,I'm lame. Gosh while I'm at his table I should actually talk to people instead of hiding behind him like a shy rabbit She talked to people though, it was just easier to talk to people like Alek and harder to talk to people like his sister, Katarina.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Katarina was already eating by the time Karissa and Alek sat down. She shot a glare at Alek, which he ignored, and then went back to eating her food.
"Here we are!" Alek said cheerfully, setting down his plate. But on the inside, he was angry with Rina. Just because they'd put their trust in the wrong people in the past didn't mean they would do it again. And Karissa definately wasn't the 'wrong kind' of person. In fact, he was just beginning to think that she could be a 'right' kind of person.

message 18: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) Karissa sat down next to Alek, pretending not to notice the glare Katarina was shooting at her and Alek. "Thanks so much for letting me sit with you guys. So hows camp going for you?" she asked trying to start a conversation. Hopefully she was asking the right questions.

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 22, 2012 08:48AM) (new)

"It's been great, but it's better now," Alek said, looking at her and flashing a smile. "Rina and I had to stay year-round." At this, Rina gave him a shocked I-cant-believe-you-would-tell-her-that kind of look, which he ignored. He could trust who he wanted to trust. He shrugged. "But that just means we have more time to relax, read, and train. It's kind of nice. So what about you? How many years have you been going to camp?"

message 20: by johnny (new)

johnny baird (rawrbuddie) | 20 comments as vlad finished his meal he put his plate up and grabed his stuff and went to athena's cabin to get some sleep

message 21: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) Kristin wrote: ""It's been great, but it's better now," Alek said, looking at her and flashing a smile. "Rina and I had to stay year-round." At this, Rina gave him a shocked I-cant-believe-you-would-tell-her-that ..."

"Things are ok. Um, I've been here since I was 10. It's a home for me now. Yeah, I stay here all year long too. My father is........" Should she tell him? She felt lke she could trust him, "Zeus." There she had said it.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

He paused mid-reach, but only for a moment. In the past, that would have made him uncomfortable, but to his surprise, he felt totally fine with it. So he nodded, trying to put her at ease. "Daughter of Zeus, huh? That must be nice."

message 23: by Lanie Jazz (last edited Mar 04, 2012 04:01PM) (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) "Yeah, it's paradise. He loves me so much. I lost the only family I had. Was he there then. Totally. Or all the times I ran away from foster homes? I really felt his loving embrace then." She replied sarcastically. Then she felt bad, "Sorry, it's nothing to do with you."

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) Cal walked through the line, wondering what to get. "Well, I hope they have potatoes" He thought, envisioning his favorite food.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Alek just shrugged. He understood. The gods, especially the major ones, weren't always exactly . . . supportive. "Hey don't worry about it. The time Rina and I ever heard from our mom was when she claimed us. That's it. Kind of stinks, you know?"

message 26: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) "Yeah, same here. I guess I don't really understand. So, Athena huh? Is it nice having powers that you can actually use in the "real" world? I mean, I rather be smart than just control electricity or whatever."

message 27: by jueun (new)

jueun (jueunkang) Alyssa steps inside. "Hi!" she called to random people.

message 28: by Lanie Jazz (last edited Mar 04, 2012 04:02PM) (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) "Hi." karissa said to Alyssa, the girl who had just walked in the door. Then she turned back to her conversation with Alek.

message 29: by jueun (new)

jueun (jueunkang) "You too!" Alyssa called as she picked up a red velvet cupcake.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Katarina had been listening in to their conversation. She laughed bitterly. "The 'real' world doesn't apply to people like us anymore."
Alek glared at her, and she went back to eating her pizza. "Well," he said. "I'm actually not that bright when it comes to numbers and things like that, but Rina is. Languages and writing are more of my strong suit, but still, controlling electricity would be nice." He gave her a small, modest smile.

message 31: by Lunariette (new)

Lunariette | 24 comments Juniper, who had been eating her food beside this conversation, said, "Whatcha talkin' about?"

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Katarina turned to Juniper, and her scowl relaxed. At least she knew she could trust this person. "Nothing really." she said simply.

message 33: by Lunariette (new)

Lunariette | 24 comments Juniper smiled. "Maybe we can change that. But I have a guess as to what you were talking about before?" she said knowingly. "Rejoicing at how compassionate and kind our powerful parents are?" she guessed sarcastically. "It's a common subject."

message 34: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) Lunariette wrote: "Juniper smiled. "Maybe we can change that. But I have a guess as to what you were talking about before?" she said knowingly. "Rejoicing at how compassionate and kind our powerful parents are?" she ..."

Karssa laughed, "Yeah, pretty much. There's different words I would use to describe them but I probably shouldn't........."

message 35: by Lunariette (last edited Feb 23, 2012 02:33PM) (new)

Lunariette | 24 comments Juniper glanced up at the darkening sky. "Yes, Camp Half-Blood's weather boundaries might not be a big obstacle for them. And I'd prefer not to get hit with a lightning bolt or dragged off by a giant owl right now. I'm in the middle of my dinner," she commented.

message 36: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) Karissa laughed again, "Yeah I guess I would feel pretty bad if you got hit by a lightning bolt. And I'd be reall mad at my dad. So who's your godly parent? Im guessing Athena sincee your sitting t this table, but you never know.........."

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) "Hey guys" Cal said, sitting down at the Athena table

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hey Cal," Alek and Katarina voiced at the exact same time, causing them to glare at each other.
"Anyways," said Alek. "The gods can't exactly be typical american parents. But still, it'd be nice to hear from them at least once in a while."
"Just face it, Alek," said Katarina. "They only care about us if it's convenient to do so. It's not like Athena's gonna send us a birthday card anytime soon."

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) "Well then, make it convienient" Cal said simply, digging into his 3/4 of a sandwich

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"And how do you suggest we do that?" Katarina shot back. "No one's gone on a quest for years. Are we supposed to go to the oracle and just ask for one?"

message 41: by Lunariette (new)

Lunariette | 24 comments ((Is Rachel Elizabeth Dare the Oracle or that old mummy?))

Juniper smiled. "Yes, my wonderful mother is Athena, goddess of wisdom of all things. I could think of a few things that seem to suit her a little more..."

message 42: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) "Yeah, I know right. If Zeus is so powerful, would it really be so hard to send a present or sometthing on my birthday. But Cal, that a good idea, but how are we supposed to get their attention." Kariisa asked.

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) "Hey" Cal said, disturbed "Don't talk about the Gods that way. Maybe they'res something going on Mount Olympus"

message 44: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) Karissa sighed, "I guess your right. Maybe, like what?"

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) "I dunno" Cal said, but had a nagging feeling at the back of his neck. "Maybe....." He rubbed his neck "I got nothing."

message 46: by Lanie Jazz (new)

Lanie Jazz  Stylinson (strumsingluv) "Hmmmmmmm. Maybe they're in trouble or something and need help." Karissa said.

((I'm hinting at Boo's quest right here.))

message 47: by Beck (formerly Boo) (last edited Feb 25, 2012 01:11PM) (new)

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) "Most likely they can take care of themselves, but maybe we should visit the oracle...." Cal said, unsure. The feeling in his neck was replaced by a creepy calm "I think I liked the nagging better" he thought

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Katarina bit her lip-- she hadn't been serious about the whole 'asking the oracle' thing. But Alek leaned forward, interested. "I don't see any harm in trying," he said. "I mean, what's the worst that can happen?"

message 49: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments Jenna and Nate walked in and sat down at the Athena table.

message 50: by Lunariette (new)

Lunariette | 24 comments ((Could someone please clarify if the Oracle is the mummy or Rachel Elizabeth Dare?))

Juniper smiled at Nate and Jenna. "Hey guys. We're going to visit the Oracle." she told them mysteriously, turning to Katarina. "We could go insane. I've heard some people do that after hearing a really bad prophecy."

« previous 1