Writers and Readers discussion

Author Profiles > Christine Rice, Nonfiction and Poetry Author

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (last edited Sep 01, 2013 08:36AM) (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments Hi everyone,

My name is Christine Rice and I am a self-published author. I have five books published: Poetry for the Heart, Essays for the Soul, My Not-So-Ordinary Life, Freelance Writing Guide, and Articles for the Mind. Here are descriptions of my books:

Poetry for the Heart is a collection of twenty-two free-verse poems that reflect emotions and share experience about writing, creativity, careers, childhood, home, dreams, animals, and more. The poems are honest and uplifting, and written with a modern style that is simplistic.

Essays for the Soul is a collection of thirteen essays about writing, student life, healthy eating, careers, personal finance, education, and more. The essays are creatively written and based on thoughtful opinion and life experience. Some of the essays are introspective while others are informational. Everyone can gain knowledge from the essays.

My Not-So-Ordinary Life is an autobiography that tells the author’s life story up to age 28. The book reminisces about her innocent times in childhood, reveals the difficult experiences she faced in adolescence, and shows how she persevered and changed her life as an adult. The message of the book is: life will have its ups and downs but, ultimately, you will be okay, and maybe even good, in the end.

Freelance Writing Guide is a helpful career guide that informs readers of the experiences the author had, and what she learned, during her first year as a freelance writer. The purpose of the book is to educate writers who are considering becoming freelance writers, on what they can expect in the beginning of a freelance writing career, so that there are no questions or fear of the unknown. The book is straightforward and realistic. It covers ghostwriting, article writing, book review writing, book writing, self-publishing, traditional publishing (of books and magazine articles), business and finance topics, the lifestyle of a writer, income and types of pay, and many other topics. This is a resourceful book from an experienced freelance writer, written for writers who wish to develop a freelance writing career.

Articles for the Mind is a compilation of 58 articles on a variety of interesting topics that provide expert advice and objective knowledge to educate you and help you to improve your life. Topics include: beauty, health, careers, education, family, pets, financial planning, frugal living, money, food, holidays, home, psychology, self-help, values, and writing.

They can all be found at Amazon and Smashwords.

You can find me on my blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Thanks for your time. Message me if you have any questions.

Christine

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert J. (rray77) | 16 comments so what were the two words that identified you and your age?
rj ray

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments robert wrote: "so what were the two words that identified you and your age?
rj ray"

I don't know what you mean, Robert.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert J. (rray77) | 16 comments check the opening pages of your third book where you wrote a sentence about the two words - you+your age -
but did not write the words leaving behind a mystery and leaving a hole in the reader's brain
rj ray

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments I have updated my initial post. Please check it out.

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert J. (rray77) | 16 comments great blog christine -- you have a good eye -- have you shared your intel on how to set up a blog tour?
rj ray

http://bobandjackswritingblog.com/tag...

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments I've given pointers here and there ;) I should write a blog post about it.

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert J. (rray77) | 16 comments well it would certainly be a gift to all us little people out here trying to write
thanks so much
and please connect me when you do post your message on blog tours
cordially
rj ray

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments I'm a little person too :) I will let you know when I post it, Robert!

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments I will be doing the blog post at the end of September, after my blog tour, to make sure it's a well-rounded post. Just didn't want to leave you hanging, Robert.

message 11: by Robert (new)

Robert J. (rray77) | 16 comments great
will look forward to your wisdom
based on experience
my publisher mentioned this blog-tour for me
and i don't have a clue
thanks, christine

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments I just published part 1 of "How You Can Organize and Run Your Own Blog Tour": http://christinerice-author.com/2012/... I hope you enjoy it and find it useful. It will be a 3-part series.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments Here is part 2 of "How You Can Organize and Run Your Own Blog Tour": http://christinerice-author.com/2012/... Enjoy!

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments Part 3 (and final post) for "How You Can Organize and Run Your Own Blog Tour": http://christinerice-author.com/2012/...

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments I've updated my initial post with my newly published book Articles for the Mind and my Pinterest page.