Uglies (Uglies, #1) Uglies discussion

Uglies Series vs. Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 343 (343 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Uglie Seires all the way. i read both, but def. like uglies more!!!

Lauren Hunger Games!!!! although I loved the Uglies series too!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Uglies. If nothing else, I thought the writing was better. Plus, for once, the sort-of-love-triangle was about a boy, and a well-developed boy at that. I'm getting sick of the idiotic girl caught between two boys.

Neither series is my favorite, though.

message 4: by Melanie (last edited Feb 17, 2012 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie Well, I'm only just now on Pretties, so I will see how this one goes, but 1st book to 1st book in both series, I thought Book 1 of Hunger Games was better. I will weigh in again after I've gotten into Pretties further.

Anna It's Hunger Games i thought that Hunger Games had a better plot and better writing and that the story was more engaging. I did enjoy Uglies but I loved the Hunger Games!!!

Poppy The Hunger Games! I lost interest in Uglies after the 2nd book...

Tatiana Uglies, it was better written and I loved the plot better.

Menna The Hunger Games. I would pick The Hunger Games over Uglies, any day!

Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* Tatiana wrote: "Uglies, it was better written and I loved the plot better."

My thoughts exactly ;) no offence to Hunger Games fans but those books weren't my cup of tea ;)

Tatiana Cat wrote:
My thoughts exactly ;) no offence to Hunger Games fans but those books weren't my cup of tea ;)"

So true, I only enjoyed the first book in the Hunger Games, while i enjoyed all the 'Uglies' books.

Darlene Def The Hunger Games. Uglies was good, but I thought the sequels were a total letdown :(

george ☽ Darlene =) wrote: "Def The Hunger Games. Uglies was good, but I thought the sequels were a total letdown :("

Agreed :)

Menna GeOrG!a :) wrote: "Darlene =) wrote: "Def The Hunger Games. Uglies was good, but I thought the sequels were a total letdown :("

Agreed :)"

Yeah, I agree too :)

Nicole I did not like the Uglies series. I loved the Hunger Games!

message 15: by Yazi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yazi HUNGER GAMES!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 18, 2012 12:45PM) (new)

still UGLY SERIES... it was
1. Written WAY WAY WAY better
2. Had a WAY WAY WAY better plot
3. More relatable
4. All the books were AWESOME!
5. All-around better
Hunger Games was WAY WAY WAY too slow, and too gory, kind of a boring plot, (even with all the killing) didn't like the characters too much. Also, the only good book was the 1st, the otheres weren't even good.

SarahO I would say Hunger Games hands down. Much better written, flowed better and had better plot.
I sort of enjoyed Uglies when I was reading it but afterwards when I was writing the review I couldn't think of a single reason why I liked it. But it was a fun read.

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 18, 2012 04:54PM) (new)

I had the exact same thing! but with Hunger Games so i decided not to write a review it was bad enuff without it!

message 19: by Brooke (The Cover Contessa) (last edited Feb 21, 2012 05:16PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) I did not like Uglies. I read Pretties, felt the same way. I will try out Specials, but I am highly doubtful that I will like it, since it's the same writer with no writing ability. The characters were not well developed and they were pretty boring. I do not find that the main female character is a strong female at all.
I am seeing now that Uglies won an award! WTH? I just do not think it deserved it. I thought the writing style was horrible. This author needs to use a thesaurus!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

HUNGER GAMES IS AWESOME!!!!! i hate uglies, it kind of bored me!

Sarah I'm just on Pretties right now in the Uglies series and Catching Fire in the Hunger Games. So far I'm in between which one I like better.

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) Rachel wrote: "HUNGER GAMES IS AWESOME!!!!! i hate uglies, it kind of bored me!"

This is what I thought. I was not getting that want to turn to the next page, but I did just b/c I hate to not finish a book!

Isabelle Hunger games for life!

message 24: by Snow (new) - rated it 3 stars

Snow hg

Isabelle uglies bored me too!

[Coco] HUNGER GAMES!!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Still uglies series way better plot, and characters and Hunger Games was DEPPRESSING for me!!!!!!!

Isabelle but it was sooooo addicting!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Not really I got bored during the 1st book, and i had to read the other 2 for school

message 30: by Yazi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yazi HUNGER GAMES!!

Tania Menna wrote: "The Hunger Games. I would pick The Hunger Games over Uglies, any day!"

Totally

message 32: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Tania wrote: "Menna wrote: "The Hunger Games. I would pick The Hunger Games over Uglies, any day!"

Totally"

So true I coundln't finsh uglies

:(

AND NOTHING CAN BEAT THE HUNGER GAME NOT LONG TILL THE MOVIE :)

Menna Tania wrote: "Menna wrote: "The Hunger Games. I would pick The Hunger Games over Uglies, any day!"

Totally"

Yup! :D

Menna Hannah wrote: "Tania wrote: "Menna wrote: "The Hunger Games. I would pick The Hunger Games over Uglies, any day!"

Totally"

AND NOTHING CAN BEAT THE HUNGER GAME NOT LONG T..."

Can't WAIT for the movie!

Kåiłeē I mean, nothing can really compare to the Hunger Games, they are in there own bracket of awesomeness!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Menna wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Tania wrote: "Menna wrote: "The Hunger Games. I would pick The Hunger Games over Uglies, any day!"

Totally"

AND NOTHING CAN BEAT THE HUNGER ..."

Twilight can, but yeah. I read uglies and pretties, but i just didnt motivate myself enough to read specials. HUNGER GAMES!

Black Queen hunger games, I love uglies but not like a love the hunger games series!!:)

Joyce The hunger games- definitely better plot... uglies, well written

Annabel ♥ Omg! Definitely Hunger Games!!!!!

message 40: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Cobb hunger games

Brielle It is so hard to choose!! I loved them both!! But...I think I will go with Hunger Games

Melanie Brielle wrote: "It is so hard to choose!! I loved them both!! But...I think I will go with Hunger Games"

It's really hard to choose! I agree with you. But I don't know.

Jeanette The Hunger Games by far. I mean, no book series that starts off by saying, "The early summer sky was the color of cat vomit" is going to be a good series unless the author has some serious brain rewiring.

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) Jeanette wrote: "The Hunger Games by far. I mean, no book series that starts off by saying, "The early summer sky was the color of cat vomit" is going to be a good series unless the author has some serious brain re..."

LOL!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Uglies series still!!! and if you guys all like the hgs better than why are you looking at Uglies eries topics? just wondering

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) Natalie wrote: "Uglies series still!!! and if you guys all like the hgs better than why are you looking at Uglies eries topics? just wondering"

I read the series, wanted to see what others thought. I didn't like it. And it's asking our opinions, so I gave mine.

Janie HUNGER GAMES! no question. I didn't enjoy the Uglies series as much.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Brooke wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Uglies series still!!! and if you guys all like the hgs better than why are you looking at Uglies eries topics? just wondering"

I read the series, wanted to see what others thought..."

K, i was just asking. I do the same thing with the HG, i didn't like it, but I love the word game on it.

Menna Jeanette wrote: "The Hunger Games by far. I mean, no book series that starts off by saying, "The early summer sky was the color of cat vomit" is going to be a good series unless the author has some serious brain re..."

HAhahaha. Yeah.

Rachel Wahlin There is no way that I would say that Uglies is better than The Hunger Games! HUNGER GAMES RULE!!!!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7