Doctor Who: The Library of Carsus discussion

Tony Lee
This topic is about Tony Lee
The TARDIS'S ARCHIVE > Doctor Who Meets Captain Picard!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like a bad fan fiction project, but no, it's really going to happen. In comic book form at least. The Doctor and the crew of the Enterprise will team up to take on the Cybermen and the Borg. A fanboy wet dream come true!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia...

message 2: by Callan (new)

Callan Jones | 8 comments I went to the link.

message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1170 comments I saw the picture of Matt Smith's Doctor sitting in the Enterprise Captain's chair.
This could could be fun. Hard to tell, these kind of projects can be really hit of miss.

Though if Tony Lee is writing it, then I'll give it a look. His work on the DW comic has been great.

message 4: by Callan (new)

Callan Jones | 8 comments Travis wrote: "I saw the picture of Matt Smith's Doctor sitting in the Enterprise Captain's chair.
This could could be fun. Hard to tell, these kind of projects can be really hit of miss.

Though if Tony Lee is w..."

Im on our side.

message 5: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 75 comments Not just fan-BOYS, but fans of any sex, any age! My kids are all old enough to own their own copies of the series...all of them! In all incarnations. And we, as a family, are really stoked! Just a comic book? Maybe it will lead to more?
Though I must agree that the US version of Torchwood is crap. The British series was sci-fi genius, especially the "Children of Man" ending episodes. Pure genius!
But I've always loved Star Trek also...along with Babylon 5...and husband and sons swear Battlestar Gallactica (the second version) was excellent also. We'll have to see if this pairing is done well or just done to be done. Keeping fingers crossed...

message 6: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1170 comments I'm just glad that this means IDW will still be doing classic Trek comics, as once they got the rights to do stuff with the new movie all their old Trek projects went into limbo.

Not a fan of the new movie myself, so this gives me hope that we'll see another 'Assignment: Earth mini-series.

I too am from a family of Trek fans and have just gotten my son into Babylon 5 ( somebody needs to get the comic rights to that one.)

I wasn't too impressed with the New Galactica. Too dark and political for my tastes. I prefer the old, cheesy version.

message 7: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 75 comments Honestly, I couldn't get into the new Galatica. I watched the first few episodes and thought the blonde with the scanty clothing was annoying (obviously my husband and son disagreed!). And the guy whose head she was "living in" was so obviously a "bad guy" that anyone interacting with him should have seen right through him, and realized he was causing all of the trouble! Plus since I work multiple jobs, I don't have much time off, and prefer to write my novels whenever I'm home. I didn't want to devote that much time to a series...though I certainly make exceptions for any Dr. Who that husband wants to watch, and any Torchwood that we can get our sons to share with us!
As a family, we all watched the new Christmas episode of Dr. Who, that my boys "found" somewhere on-line. I don't feel guilty since eventually one of us buys all of the DVDs as they become available, so we can watch them over and over again. Timeless entertainment!

message 8: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1170 comments They lost me when they turned the Cylons( one of the coolest looking aliens in pop culture) into basically Terminators.

and they made the main one a hot blonde, hoping that would be enough of a distraction that we wouldn't notice what a rip off that idea was.

and don't even get me started on Starbuck being a girl...!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

What annoys me the most about the new Battlestar is that a generation of fanboys and gals are growing up thinking that 'Number Six' is something original to that show. They ripped the name straight from The Prisoner, man!

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 178 comments Travis wrote: "They lost me when they turned the Cylons( one of the coolest looking aliens in pop culture) into basically Terminators.

and they made the main one a hot blonde, hoping that would be enough of a di..."

And Boomer don't forget he got a sex-change 9and became Asian) as well.

I too started watching it when it first came out sort of liked it but missed an episode or two then when I would try to watch the next one got confused. I ended up watching it here and there sometimes I was interested sometimes bored out of my gord.

I didn't mind the "Terminator" treatment too much but I really didn't like the redesign of the "robot" versions probably because they were all CGI. I think they should have just slimmed down the original versions.

message 11: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 75 comments I used to love watching The Prisoner! "Be seeing you."

Why is it that so much of the most creative sci-fi comes from Britain? I think the BBC has a lot to be proud of! But then I loved any spy stuff also, including the campy but fun Man From U.N.C.L.E. and Get Smart. The Avengers? Own many of the seasons on VHS.
I based some of my female spy heroines on Emma Peel.