Before I Go to Sleep Before I Go to Sleep discussion

Harper Perennial Cost This Author a Sale

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new)

Rob Hurt Read the review and was going to buy this until I saw the publisher-set Kindle price. I refuse to buy a book when the publisher prices the digital book more than the printed (paperback) version. Bad call. Lost sale.

Nikki Exactly why I won't buy a kindle, I can always get a hard copy, either new or second hand, cheaper.

Kathleen Jones Rob wrote: "Read the review and was going to buy this until I saw the publisher-set Kindle price. I refuse to buy a book when the publisher prices the digital book more than the printed (paperback) version. Ba..."

My feelings exactly - some publishers set the price higher than the hardback. They just don't want to sell e-books. That's the conclusion I've come to.

Mandy Most of the time, the publisher set price is lower than their RRP for the paperback, but places like Amazon etc discount heavily.

That said, I too have issues with expensive publisher-set prices for ebooks. I find it very frustrating!

Keri Wilhelm I have to say that more often than not, the Kindle price is cheaper but I have found instances where they are the same price. I've never found one that was over the Kindle price. Have you thought about contacting the publisher to see if it was a mis-print? They do happen.

Beth Kathleen wrote: "Rob wrote: "Read the review and was going to buy this until I saw the publisher-set Kindle price. I refuse to buy a book when the publisher prices the digital book more than the printed (paperback)..."

I think the publisher is feeling his oats, seeing how much readers are willing to pay for kindle. If enough readers refuse to pay the high price, just like anything else, the price will come down.