UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Linda Gruchy

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Thanks to all who have helped me orientate myself here.

I'm the author of a Police Procedural on Kindle "Death in Spigg's Wood" and an anthology of ten short stories "Wargeld & Other Stories".

I have other crime novels in the pipeline, but they need more work. I have an agent currently trying to find a traditional home for a crime novel and an historical adventure.

A Romance "Charlie's War" is coming out in Large Print, not sure when, which should be available from Libraries. This was originally published as a My Weekly Pocket Novel.

I'm currently working on a Romance just a tiny bit hotter than a My Weekly Pocket Novel (ie a few naughty words and a bit more sex.) Hopefully I will be Kindling that soon.

I've had a number of short stories published in women's magazines, with a few more in the offing.

I'm an amateur photographer, which is very useful when it comes to making ebook covers.

My house is a mess because when I'm not writing or in the garden or out with the camera, I'm messing about on forums like this.

I am married with two kids who like to think they're grown up. ;-)

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Yay! Hiya Linda. Welcome. Glad to see you here. Here have ome links to your books:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-in-Spig...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wargeld-Other...

Will definitely download soon and look forward to chatting about them with you x

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments It's funny when a surname makes a difference between someone you don't know and someone you've heard off before... Seen you before, while wandering in the kuforum :)

message 4: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Feb 15, 2012 02:16PM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Welcome to the group and yay to your author thread Linda!

Have Amazon links to your books!

Okay, they're actually for lazy people like me... ;)

Death in Spigg's Wood

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-in-Spig... ethings-21

Wargeld and Other Stories

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wargeld-Other...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ha! Have a few links to your books!

Emma you are a sweetheart!

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Patti (Mango Mad) wrote: "Ha! Have a few links to your books!

Emma you are a sweetheart!"

I nearly wrote 'i am sure Patti will be a long shortly to give you some links' then I thought 'lazy cow, do it yourself' so I did!!

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Hi thanks Emma. I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks Lorraine... oh you're that Lorraine!

Thanks Patti. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post links or not.

And thanks to Stuart Ayris who came to my rescue when I said I didn't understand Goodreads.

My blogs (which I neglect terribly)

http://evelynspottygardenblog.blogspo...

http://linda-gruchy-author.blogspot.com/

Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?i...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Lol!

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments You are all so kind. Thanks.

One more link. Muy Flickr Photostream (also sadly neglected).http://www.flickr.com/photos/42807121...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Be sure to have a wander round the threads, Linda. We have great laughs in our group.

message 11: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Yes I'm that Lorraine Linda, not sure how to take the "that" though lol... Hope I haven't dampened the excitement you felt at joining the group lol ;) x

message 12: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Feb 15, 2012 02:53PM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Your reputation precedes you again, eh sweets? ;)

message 13: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Lorraine, not at all. It put you into context.

Patti. I'll have you know I've been very well behaved on the Kuffers forums. No rude jokes, no inuendo. I'm a good girl, me.

message 14: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Patti (Mango Mad) wrote: "Your reputation precedes you again, eh sweets? ;)"

Erm... What reputation would that be Patti?

message 15: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Linda wrote: "Lorraine, not at all. It put you into context.

Patti. I'll have you know I've been very well behaved on the Kuffers forums. No rude jokes, no inuendo. I'm a good girl, me."

That's going to change here Linda, once you've been under our influence you'll find yourself doing all kinds of weird stuff... Latest craze seems to be throwing knickers at handsome male writers!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Linda wrote: "Lorraine, not at all. It put you into context.

Patti. I'll have you know I've been very well behaved on the Kuffers forums. No rude jokes, no inuendo. I'm a good girl, me."

Lol! Sorry Linda. I meant our lovely Lorraine.

She's very well behaved, staid and boring. Like me. ;)

message 17: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Yeah right Patti ! None of us are in here really Linda :)

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Patti (Mango Mad) wrote: "Linda wrote: "Lorraine, not at all. It put you into context.

Lol! Sor..."

Pa hah!! Course you are Patti!!!
Linda you will find your thread gets hi-jacked with all sorts of things! And I would be surprised if food does not crop up at some point!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Did someone say food?

Sorry Linda. Yes we do enjoy our authors and their threads. We are happy to stay on topic if you wish, though. Just let us know. :)

message 20: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Hijacks are just fine with me. I do it all the time. Silliness is fine too. And of course threads usually turn to food. 'Tis natural.

I won't be able to comment much this weekend, but don't worry. I haven't gone off in a huff.

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments And Oh dear... you took my comment about me being good seriously.

Strangely enough they never did that on the police forum, oh dear me no.

I wonder why.

message 22: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments I'd just like to tell you I have scheduled Death in Spigg's Wood on free promotion tomorrow, Wednesday 22nd February and Thursday 23rd February.

Please check that it is actually listed as free before downloading because there's sometimes a lag with the start time.Death in Spigg's Wood

I hope you enjoy it.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Brilliant Linda! Thank you!

Be sure to post the link in tomorrow's freebie thread, okay?

message 24: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Wow, Death in Spigg's wood is racing up the Free to Download charts. No 17,so far.

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Fantastic, well done Linda. I just grabbed it myself x

message 26: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Death in Spigg's Wood is still free today.

It was astonishing watching the downloads climb yesterday evening.

It's now No 5 in the free to download charts in the UK, no 1 in police procedurals and no 1 in mysteries.

In the US it's now No 305 overall and No 1 Police proccedurals.

I'm delighted. I hope all these people enjoy the novel, and if they do, spread the word.

message 27: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Death in Spigg's Wood has been at No 3 for much of the day. I'm very chuffed.

message 28: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments I have decided to put Death in Spigg's Wood up for free for another day.

message 29: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Wow, what a reaction to my free promotion. I had thousands of downloads of Death in Spigg's Wood and yesterday it was in the Movers & Shakers at No2 for some of the time.

Thanks to anyone who downloaded Death in Spigg's Wood. Death in Spigg's Wood by Linda Gruchy

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments That's brilliant, Linda! I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

message 31: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Thanks Patti, I hope you enjoy it.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9071 comments Hi Linda,read this over the weekend - really enjoyed it, thanks.

message 33: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Hi Rosemary, so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.

x Linda

message 34: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments It's World Book Day tomorrow. It's also the launch of Essex book Festival. The festival runs for the month of March and consists of talks all over essex. I like the launch because it's held in Chelmsford Library in the morning, with live broadcasts of the Dave Monk Show Radio Essex. I've attended for the last 8 years, there's always a buzz, and best of all, it's free.

To support EBF I have scheduled Wargeld and Other Stories by Linda Gruchy to be free for the next two days. This is an anthology of eight short stories, some humour, some crime, some of a more literary nature.

I'm mentioning this now because I mght not have time tomorrow morning.

Wargeld & Other Stories

Wargeld & Other Stories by Linda Gruchy

message 35: by Linda (last edited Feb 29, 2012 11:17AM) (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments By "Tomorrow" I mean Thursday March 1st and then Fridsy March 2nd. Please make sure it is free before downloading as Amazon have been a bit tardy in switching some books free lately.

There's also a lag at the other end of the promotion when it might still look free on some Amazon lists but it isn't.

message 36: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments I am buzzing. I'vejust got back from the launch of Essex Book festival to fnd Wargeld doing well in the free charts, and I have a short story in The People's Friend 3rd March issue.

I need a chill out cup of tea.

message 37: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Great stuff!!!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

That's god new Linda, congratulations!

:0)

message 39: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Just a reminder that Wargeld & Other Stories is free to download today and tomorrow (2nd March)

Wargeld & Other Stories by Linda Gruchy Wargeld & Other Stories

message 40: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Wargeld is still free today, folks.

message 41: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Oh and Karen, I have this nasty infection called typos. You appear to have caught it from me. You need to see the witchdoctor for a spell checker. ;)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Linda wrote: "Oh and Karen, I have this nasty infection called typos. You appear to have caught it from me. You need to see the witchdoctor for a spell checker. ;)"

Ha ha! I didn't even realise until I looked back at it!

:0))

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I thought you had ad odd German accent appearing, Karen! ;)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Patti (Mango Mad) wrote: "I thought you had ad odd German accent appearing, Karen! ;)"

Careful Patti - the typo virus is obviously catching....!

:0)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I blame Gingerlily.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Huh? Why? WhatdidIdothistime??

message 47: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Gingerlily (or Cyberlily..) wrote: "Huh? Why? WhatdidIdothistime??"

Didn't move fast enough, methinks.

Do you always get the blame, Gingerlily?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I think its my turn today.

message 49: by Linda (new)

Linda Gruchy (LindaGruchy) | 103 comments Just a reminder that Wargeld & Other Stories is free today. Wargeld & Other Stories Wargeld & Other Stories by Linda Gruchy

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank's Linda

I have downloaded Wargeld as i read and enjoyed Death in Spigg's Wood

« previous 1