Karen Kingsbury Lovers! discussion

Monthly book > Feb book: Between Sundays

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 444 comments Mod
Discuss the book Between Sundays here. Don't forget to warn us about spoilers.

1. How do you think Karen dealt with adoption in this book?

2. How do you think this story was used to change your perspective to live for God "Between Sundays"?

3. What character do you identify with the most?

4. Why do you think Cory wanted Aaron to be his dad so badly?

5. Do you think Cory came into Aaron's life at just the right time and why?

6. If you were Meg, how would you deal with taking care of Cory knowing his life is turned upside down with his mom dying?

7. What would you do differently?

8. Do you think the adoption system in America has issues?

message 2: by SuzB2011 (new)

SuzB2011 | 5 comments I am nearly finished this one! :-) Can't do the other because a friend is borrowing my Above the Line series. :-) Will answer once I finish. These questions are good to think about while reading it.

message 3: by Jocelyn (last edited Apr 04, 2012 06:19PM) (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 12 comments Finally Finished! I've read so many before this one! Was a great book!!! Now to see about answering questions!

1. I think Karen touched on the subject and put light on what Megan felt about the system. But Karen didn't overly push any issues. Just enough to open your eyes and get you thinking!!!

2. I didn't realize what it meant until I started reading and I loved the title! This is how we as Christians should all be living!!!

3. I love Megan. Her heart for Cory, even though he isn't biologically hers she loved him as if he was!

4. Because he was his dad. He just needed everyone else to believe it. I think his passion would have been the same no matter who the man in the picture was!

5. Yes, Aaron's lifestyle was catching up with him. The fact that Aaron ended up at the children's home was obviously ordained by God. Shows how God gives us a way out!

6. Hard to say but I would right now say Yes. It would be hard to turn away a child I knew. I couldn't live with that...always different when the situation arises.

7. Don't think there was anything I would have changed...the story was very well written to me

8. Yes!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 444 comments Mod
I love Megan too! It's a great story!