Karen Kingsbury Lovers! discussion

Monthly book > Feb book: Take One

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 444 comments Mod
Remember to warn us about spoilers ***** Feel free to discuss the book on this thread. I will post questions as well.

message 2: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 12 comments So behind...just started!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

lol I need to post questions! It didn't post the first time!

message 4: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 12 comments I am to the part where they are going to substitute the actress that walked off with Bailey! LOL! It's a good story...

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

1. Which Character do you identify with the most? Why?

2. Do you think the pressures of Hollywood are portrayed accurately in this book?

3. How would you handle being a christian film maker in Hollywood?

4. What do you think of the example Bailey displayed among those around her?

5. Why do you think Bailey was given Andi as a roommate?

6. What impact does Bailey have on Andi?

7. How did you feel about Cody and Bailey?

8. Why do you think it's so hard for Christian films to be accepted, or even produced, in Hollywood?

9. Do you think there is a bigger market out there for more wholesome films?

10. If you could chose a cast of characters to play the roles in this book, who would you chose?

message 6: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 12 comments 1.Hmmm...I have felt like Andi, wanting to try things because my parents were very strict. But I have to say it was a short period cause I knew what was right, like she did.

2.In some ways yes, The fact that the leading actor tried to take advantage of Andi and she didn't say anything. Then he is involved with the co-start.
The other 1/2 I feel wasn't as much is the willingness of the cast/crew though it was Christian. I know God has favor on us but not sure it would go the same way in THE Hollywood.

3.I could do the film making if I had Christian cast/crew...not sure I could handle the type that Chase and Keith dealt with in the lead characters!

4.That she has a strong walk with God

5.I think it's more that Andi was given Bailey as a roommate...she needs someone grounded to help her in her walk (or lack there of)

6.I think she has a good impact though Andi has to choose for herself.

7.I want them to get together...I think she likes him more than her current boyfriend

8.The message...Salvation, Jesus are topics that Hollywood does not accept. Even if the message is good. I think there are many great Christian films, wish they had a bigger screen to be seen on!

9.Not sure...I know the producers of Courageous and Fireproof got bigger audience, not sure how many have that opportunity!

10.I have to think about this one and come back! :) Love casting! haha