The Mortal Instruments discussion

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
This topic is about City of Fallen Angels
City of Fallen Angels

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chae (new) - added it

Chae Ford (shadytyrell) | 8 comments What did you guys think of the fourth installment of the Mortal Instruments? I liked it but i don't think it was necessary. I found to be find of...dull. And the plot line wasn't the best. But i still enjoyed some of it. But overall, i don't think it was Clare's best book.
thoughts?

Christina (regalladysnow) | 14 comments I agree. I felt that Clare just dragged the series out. It was my least favorite book in the series. Still, it had its moments.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

frankly im glad to have jordan in it! his really a interesting character! im glad shes developing the series because i really want to see how simon/izzy alec/magnus maia/jordan, relationship is going to develop

Cindy | 7 comments Im well not sure what the feeling is bummed i dont like how the book ended with the sebastion/jace situation!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i know what you mean i felt like that at first but then if you think about it the cliff hanger was pretty good it made us want the next book straight away

message 6: by Ela (last edited Apr 13, 2012 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Sns wrote: "frankly im glad to have jordan in it! his really a interesting character! im glad shes developing the series because i really want to see how simon/izzy alec/magnus maia/jordan, relationship is goi..."

Yeah I really love that she's developing her secondry characters. I thought the fact that she introdued Jordan was great. I also loved the Conversations between Jace, Simon and Jordan, they were so funny!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

ikr! specially when jordan called clary cute infront of jace hahaha! one of the best scenes in the book.

Tjala | 42 comments well i thought it was the best one yet and that they just get better everytime!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not sure, I mean cog was my fave , coa was my meast favourite, n cob my second fave and cofg my second least fave because I did think this was the most developed with lilith and everything but I just hated jace n clarys relationship in this one, I have a feeling cols is going to best the best one so far

message 10: by Chae (new) - added it

Chae Ford (shadytyrell) | 8 comments Yeah. I too, really loved the Jace/Jordon/Simon threesome. I think that and Clary training to be a shadowhunter, were the only plus sides to the book.
I was hoping that CC would make CoFA about the secrets of the Clave but, instead it was mostly about Simon.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah that annoyed me I don't care about simon that much to have the whole book nearly about him!

message 12: by Chae (new) - added it

Chae Ford (shadytyrell) | 8 comments Thankfully, the CoLS summary didn't mention Simon at all.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes its all about jace hopefully! Not that much simon.

Nabila I thought it was good, but I felt like it didn't match up to my expectations that I had after reading City of Glass. I felt like it was lacking a certain je ne sais quoi, and too sappy for me. But I enjoyed it, it was a simple read.

Dayna idk if its just me, but simon really pisses me off. he just has something wierd about him that makes me want to skip over his scenes.....

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

LMAO!!! FARI THAT WHAT A LEGENDARY SENTENCE THERE! BRAVO!

Sumin Definitely for me! I like Jordan better than Simon. Jordan and Maya better end up together!

Mairead | 309 comments Personally, I'm excited to see Simon, Izzy, Alec and Magnus progress.

message 19: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela But I still really liked Simon, Isabelle, Maia, Jordan, Alec and Magnus. It wasn't all about Jace and Clary which made a change

Mairead | 309 comments A nice change.

Christina (regalladysnow) | 14 comments Tessa wrote: "Just for the record, I wasn't entirely joking..."

That is quite alright! I agree. And, just for the record, I wasn't entirely joking either.

Belle2908 | 7 comments Tessa wrote: "Just for the record, I wasn't entirely joking..."

Agreed here too. I wanna see more of Alec and Magnus. And of course Izzy and Simon and the rest of the characters! > w <

message 23: by Chae (new) - added it

Chae Ford (shadytyrell) | 8 comments Me four! Clary and Jace are becoming like moldy bread. I would also like to see a lot more of Maia and Jordan.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Im reading the book now and I find it to be very boring...its annoying me that clary is just going along with everything and simon is not doing anything

Belle2908 | 7 comments Anisah wrote: "Im reading the book now and I find it to be very boring...its annoying me that clary is just going along with everything and simon is not doing anything"

I thought Clary was annoying too when she was being useless with Seb and Jace. I was like: 'OMG, are you serious? Don't just stand there, DO SOMETHING, GAWD!!!' But then, SHE DOES SOMETHING! And all is (mostly) well. :3

Btw, Simon (CoLS Spoiler) (view spoiler) :)

message 26: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen | 148 comments The first series is SIGNIFICANTLY better than this new one. CoFA was extremely weak in comparison and CoLS was a step up but just doesn't have that quality that made the first 3 so special.
Oh well, I still love TID

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Tessa wrote: "Anisah wrote: "Im reading the book now and I find it to be very boring...its annoying me that clary is just going along with everything and simon is not doing anything"

I know . . . I tried to re-..."

irked is the right word. I am so done with Clare as soon as I finish the books that im reading by her now (Clockwork Prince and CoLA)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Belle2908 wrote: "Anisah wrote: "Im reading the book now and I find it to be very boring...its annoying me that clary is just going along with everything and simon is not doing anything"

I thought Clary was annoyin..."

hahaha. Didnt read it! I couldnt...i love simon, i think he is the only reason why i even bought the most recent MI book. BUT I will finish b/c I have to find out.

Makayla Merritt (facililsdescensusaverno) | 2 comments Cindy wrote: "Im well not sure what the feeling is bummed i dont like how the book ended with the sebastion/jace situation!!"

its great just hurry up and read the city of lost souls

Makayla Merritt (facililsdescensusaverno) | 2 comments city of lost souls is by far my favorite