Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Best lines

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mary "How I would handle it, if you and I..." He pulls back and smiles. "Did I hear you call me your boyfriend Tris?"
"Not exactly." I shrug. "Why?" Do you want me to?"

I love how Tris is so smart mouth with Tobias, and he so cute when is like this, as if he never expected to find someone to love him.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2012 02:12AM) (new)

"Did I shoot him in the leg? No, he walks!" I don't know why I love that so much!

Bridgit "I realize that if we had both chosen differently, we might have ended up doing the same thing, in a safer place, in gray clothes instead of black ones." (Page 338) I love this line because it it's probably true!

Mary Michelle wrote: ""Did I shoot him in the leg? No, he walks!" I don't know why I love that so much!"

For someone who was raised to be selfless, Tris, has such a smart mouth. I love her!

Mary Bridgit wrote: ""I realize that if we had both chosen differently, we might have ended up doing the same thing, in a safer place, in gray clothes instead of black ones." (Page 338) I love this line because it it's..."

But they wouldn't be having as much fun in gray clothes as they do in black ones.....lol

Hannah Mary wrote: "Bridgit wrote: ""I realize that if we had both chosen differently, we might have ended up doing the same thing, in a safer place, in gray clothes instead of black ones." (Page 338) I love this line..."

Hahaha good point!

Lori "My natural tendency toward sarcasm is still not appreciated." (page 24)

I know what she means and I think this section shows her struggle to conform to abnegation or choose to leave it.

Mary Lori wrote: ""My natural tendency toward sarcasm is still not appreciated." (page 24)

I know what she means and I think this section shows her struggle to conform to abnegation or choose to leave it."

Then we all realize she gets if from her mom she is dautless...see we do end up like our mothers.....lol

Betina Patricia MY FAVORITE LINE!
Tris: Tobias. It's me
Four: Tris?
Tris: How'd you do it?
Four: I don't know... I JUST HEARD YOUR VOICE!

UGHHHHHH! THEY'RE JUST SO UGHHHHHHHH! I READ THAT PART LIKE 20 TIMES AND I STILL BLUSH EVERYTIME I READ IT! <3

Rachel In her final simulation with the fears, one of her fears was intimacy. And a fake Tobias was in her simulation and she said something like "I'm not going to sleep with you in this simulation". That was really AWKWARD!!

message 11: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam :D love all the ones that are here. but i gotta love the boyfriend one. makes me jealous of tris... and not only because she has tobias. i can never be so good with retorts around crushes!

message 12: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Sam wrote: ":D love all the ones that are here. but i gotta love the boyfriend one. makes me jealous of tris... and not only because she has tobias. i can never be so good with retorts around crushes!"

Excatly!

violet deleted user wrote: ""Did I shoot him in the leg? No, he walks!" I don't know why I love that so much!"

I love it too

violet Betina wrote: "MY FAVORITE LINE!

UGHHHHHH! THEY'RE JUST SO UGHHHHHHHH! I READ THAT PART LIKE 20 TIMES AND I..."

How'd you do what???? I dont really remember that part.

message 15: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary violet wrote: "deleted user wrote: ""Did I shoot him in the leg? No, he walks!" I don't know why I love that so much!"

I love it too"

Because she is such a smartass......oops sorry language lol

violet Kenzie wrote: "violet wrote: "Betina wrote: "MY FAVORITE LINE!

How'd you do what???? I dont really remember..."

LO After I posted my last comment I remembered were that part was from... which is odd cuz I remeber reading that part and cracking up!

Stephanie “We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
That's my favorite of them all. But I also like:

“Peter would probably throw a party if I stopped breathing.'
'Well,' he says, 'I would only go if there was cake.”

“Then I realize what it is. It's him. Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames.”

message 18: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby Stephanie wrote: "“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
That's my favorite of them all. But I also like:

“Peter would probably throw a part..."

Those are some of my faves too haha