BGGWW Books discussion

Off Topic > What have you read lately?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara (miraria) | 20 comments Mod
I tried to read book two of Through the Universe but only got about halfway until it just got to be too cheesy for me.

I read Before I Fall which is a teen book about a mean girl who dies at the end of a normal teenage day and then relives it 7 times. Surprisingly deep and well done for the age group and nothing about her life or mean girlness changes as easily/quickkly as expected when you know there are only 7 days.

i am ALMOST done with Dance with Dragons finally. This was a slog.

I am currently re-reading The Hunger Games before the movie comes out and just started how to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe which I think I am going to like.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Story | 14 comments Mod
I read The Night Circus a while back and loved it. I also really enjoyed The Manual of Detection. Both are a bit fantastic, but real, too. I think they would appeal to those who enjoyed The Series of Unfortunate Events, but want something intended for an adult reader.

I'm having trouble figuring out what to read next. I have a ton nonfiction waiting next to my nightstand, but I like to have some fiction going at the same time and I'm not sure what should be next.