Chick Lit Book Club discussion

The Friday Night Knitting Club (Friday Night Knitting Club, #1)
This topic is about The Friday Night Knitting Club
2007-2008 Book Archive > 11/2010: FNKC: Chapters 6-7

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashley (A) What is your opinions on Georgia and Cat's relationship, Past and Present?

(B) Cat's husband explains why Cathy became Cat, what do you think of him and the choice she made to stay with him?

(C) Darwin and her husband's marriage is strained by distance, do you think they will be able to work past that and have a healthy marriage?

(D) At the end of chapter 7, Darwin finds herself in bed with another man, What do you think will come of her marriage? Do you think she will confess to her husband what happened?

(E) Predictions for future chapters regarding any characters?

message 2: by Sheila (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheila A.) I think Georgia needs to get over it already. It's been 20 years. Think how miserable we'd all be if we held onto grudges for that long. I'd love to see them work it out though. I think Cat needs that connection to a time in her life that was a lot happier. No matter what Georgia thinks, she is a lot more successful that Cat ever will be.

B.) I feel bad for Cat. Her husband is a jerk who doesn't seem to care about anyone's feelings but her own. How she stayed with him after hearing that the only reasons he wanted her is because his parents didn't like her I will never know.

C&D.) I want Darwin and her husband to work it out, because I think, with a little more communication they could have a wonderful marriage. She has to tell him about the affair though. If she loves him as much as I think she does she won't be able to keep it a secret forever. And the longer she waits the worse it will be.

E.) How about a prediction on how long it is going to take me to finish this book? lol I like it a lot, but the holidays are starting to really get in the way of my reading time.

Jencey/ (jencey) | 410 comments A. I don't know if I agree with Sheila. When you have been in the position that Georgia has been you tend to look at people differently. Nothing says the relationship has to be the same. I think there needs to be boundaries although I don't think Cat will respect them. Cat has an agenda and wants control of the situation which she is used to having.

B. First Cat was pressured by her parents to make a good match. So I think a way she marries him to have them stop bothering her. The freedom she thought she would have with marriage has been anything but what she expected. Her husband is a spoiled brat who is used to getting his way and enjoys crushing people who make changes to make him happy. The changes are all his idea but he uses her like a forgotten toy.

E. I predict I will finish and am starting to get interested in the book.