Indie Book Club discussion

Self Promotion > My first book signing.

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments I'll be at the Doylestown book shop on friday from 5-7.

http://www.doylestownbookshop.com/

If anybody lives in the area, would love to meet you!

Jeff

message 2: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
Sorry for this ridiculous question, but what state is Doylestown in?

And congrats on your book signing!

message 3: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments No prob, Big J. I figured if anybody lived near it, they'd know it. It's a suburb town of Philly.

It's the nicest and biggest indie bookstore I've ever been in, outside of Manhattan. I was there at 10 am on a Wednesday to set this up and couldn't believe the number of people in there just browsing. They even had a children's story time going on. Made my heart bigger to see so many people still caring about bookstores.

Jeff

message 4: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
Philly. Yeah, that's a little bit of a drive from AZ. :)

We only have one real bookstore here in Lake Havasu, and that's Hastings. They agreed to carry my books, which I thought was really nice.

I donated copies also to the public library. The really cool thing is that I can check the status online at WorldCat's website, which is the database system libraries use. Some library that I hadn't heard of in Illinois picked up both of my books and have it sitting on their shelves. Totally made my day!

Good luck on Friday!

message 5: by G. (new)

G. Walker | 165 comments Jeffery wrote: "I'll be at the Doylestown book shop on friday from 5-7.

Jeff"

Good luck! Enjoy it! Hoping for a big turnout for you.
:-)

message 6: by B. (new)

B. Throwsnaill (bthrowsnaill) | 208 comments Hey Jeff! Um, wow. I'm very close to Doylestown. I'll try to get there if I can! Do you live near Doylestown?
Bill

message 7: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
I used to live is western pa but that was a couple years ago. There is a big author/book thing coming up in Columbus soon.

http://www.ohioanabookfestival.org/

message 8: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

The point of my last post which I failed to express really is I would love to go if I was still a bit closer.

message 9: by B. (new)

B. Throwsnaill (bthrowsnaill) | 208 comments I stopped out and met Jeff tonight. He's a very cool guy, and I'm looking forward to reading my autographed copy of Ephemera!

message 10: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Lucky you! I figured Columbus, OH would have some events, but I rarely see anything for book signings.

Hope the night was a great success Jeff. Be sure to let us know how it went.

message 11: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments B wrote: "I stopped out and met Jeff tonight. He's a very cool guy, and I'm looking forward to reading my autographed copy of Ephemera!"

B. You were the highlight of my evening. I really mean that. I've never met anyone that I've interacted with online, and, you proved that internet friends are not all devious, stalking murderers.

It was such an honor that you would come out to say hi and buy the book. I had a great time just chewing the fat with you and I hope we get to hang out again sometime. As I said to you in the store, anything I can do to support your work, I'll be glad to do so.

Jeff

message 12: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Scott wrote: "Lucky you! I figured Columbus, OH would have some events, but I rarely see anything for book signings.

Hope the night was a great success Jeff. Be sure to let us know how it went."

Thanks so much, Scott. It was a really good experience. Kind of a quiet night, but I signed a couple of books and got to chat up a number of people. It really feels good to get out from behind the computer and interact with people. It feels like you are doing something for your career, even if you aren't waking up the next day as a bestseller. I'll do it again if I can find other bookstores that are interested.

Jeff

message 13: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments G. David wrote: "Jeffery wrote: "I'll be at the Doylestown book shop on friday from 5-7.

Jeff"

Thank you so much. I appreciate all your guys' support.

That's why this is my go to group on Good Reads.

Jeff

Good luck! Enjoy i..."

message 14: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Philly. Yeah, that's a little bit of a drive from AZ. :)

We only have one real bookstore here in Lake Havasu, and that's Hastings. They agreed to carry my books, which I thought was really ni..."

Thanks, Big-J.

That's a really good idea. I have been meaning to approach libraries, but haven't gotten to that leg of things yet.

Jeff

message 15: by B. (new)

B. Throwsnaill (bthrowsnaill) | 208 comments Thanks for the nice comments, Jeff. They are much appreciated and also reciprocated.
Ephemera is sitting on my night stand calling to me. I'm reading a pretty substantial book at the moment, but Ephemera is next on my TBR list!
Bill

message 16: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments B wrote: "Thanks for the nice comments, Jeff. They are much appreciated and also reciprocated.
Ephemera is sitting on my night stand calling to me. I'm reading a pretty substantial book at the moment, b..."

Hi Bill,
All comments are sincere and genuine. I hope you enjoy the book. If you do or don't, I want to know sincere feedback. I think you and I share the sentiment that the real readers of our work matter immensely more than anybody who reviews books for a living. Can't wait to get your feedback and meet up again sometime.

Jeff

message 17: by B. (new)

B. Throwsnaill (bthrowsnaill) | 208 comments Hey Jeff,
Yes, we should hang out again sometime. Maybe after I finish the novel...
Bill